The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate Emergency

Climate Emergency

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 114
  15. 115
  16. 116
  17. All
The 11,000 persons clicked on an editorial that were supposedly called scientists. Check the persons out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3ZPGLPiss&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0Gvm7ZvSxHksawPFAO3hFXaqywZfzSkByROjGUa-fpooh58o-UUAnjNsI
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 9 November 2019 11:03:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://theconversation.com/stabilising-the-global-population-is-not-a-solution-to-the-climate-emergency-but-we-should-do-it-anyway-126446
That is interesting, did not need to remove the s from my link, this site or its birth place
Loudmouth this is for you, yes know is is against your thoughts but it is a part of the report we are talking about
You quoted temperature rise but some will not believe it has risen, or the sea
And my reason for posting this? clear reminder the report is about many things many that we must consider rather than just rejecting it
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 9 November 2019 11:05:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, get a good belly laugh as you listen to the truth on these scientists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3ZPGLPiss&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0Gvm7ZvSxHksawPFAO3hFXaqywZfzSkByROjGUa-fpooh58o-UUAnjNsI
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 9 November 2019 11:13:56 AM
Dear Loudmouth,

Mate, do yourself a favour and go look these things up. It is very easy to do. You have put numerous questions to me in the past and I have endevoured to give you answers but none have changed your mind in the slightest.

Now you are here doing a rinse and repeat. Yes people know how much each of the GHGs contribute. CO2 is around 20% of the greenhouse effect which has the average global temperature at 15 degrees Celsius rather that the -18 degrees it would be without it.

And no, there is absolutely no doubt that the increase in the atmospheric concentration of CO2 by a third is due to the burning of fossil fuels by humans.

There are all things you can find out for your self with very little effort. My question to you is why don't you do it?

If instead you were determined to stick with your position you will need to be able to demonstrate what physical property of CO2 no long applies. I have had a look and there is nothing I can see. How about you enlighten the rest of us how it could be so.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 9 November 2019 11:36:55 AM
Hi Steele,

The problem is that there are so many conflicting answers to my dopey questions - who to believe ?

And neither do you put your money where your fingers are and assert something - an inch in sea-level rise ? Two metres ? A metre a year ? - and, of course, back it up. Meanwhile tides go up and down twice a day, a metre or more each time. Horrors !

Sorry, I can't take any of this seriously. I have this naive idea that the production of heat, in manufacturing, air-conditioning, cooking, etc., pushes up the temperature, especially in built-up areas like cities. Not being at all woke, but suspecting that many factors, including CO2, contribute to increases in temperature and sea-level, such as they are, I simply don't know.

But it's 12 degrees here at the moment, my phone says, three weeks away from Summer. Yep, last week and next week, it was/will be 30 degrees, so I know Summer is coming. Just not this weekend.

Pacific atolls are growing, I'm told, since that's what they do, said Darwin. Fiji has mountains above a kilometre high, much of it is safe for now. Our coast-line goes slowly up along the south coast and down on the north coast, due to tectonic activity, as the Australian Plate slips below the Pacific Plate. There is probably still some post-Ice-Age continental uplift going on in S-E Australia. Nothing stays the same for long.

I fervently wish that I could get hysterical about runaway global warming, like St Greta of the Holy Tundra. Please provide me with some definitive evidence why I should.

Here's another dopey idea, given that sea-levels have risen an inch or two in a century, how much of it might be (seriously) dumped waste - plastics, thongs, packaging, building material, car-bodies, etc., raising the world sea-level by, say, a millimetre ? And soil degradation flowing into the sea around the world - up another millimetre ? And a million ships sitting on all that water - up another millimetre ?

Meanwhile the tides .........

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 9 November 2019 12:50:35 PM
Loudmouth is absolutely correct! Humans do not produce greenhouse gases by burning fossil fuels.

Loudmouth has heaps of degrees in this area and has been studying it forever and knows more than anyone else. He's so good that he should be a climate change adviser to ScuMo and the LNP who also know that climate change is all just hocus pocus invented by scheming lying scientists who aren't as learned as Loudmouth.

So let's all get over it and get stuck into burning all of the coal, oil and gas we can get our hands on.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 9 November 2019 12:53:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16