The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australian Muslims being UNITED is a worse than a Bomb

Australian Muslims being UNITED is a worse than a Bomb

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Knowing how much you believe that YouTube is the font of all contemporary references, Boaz, have you seen this one?

You ought to take a look - after all, I religiously watch the ones you point out to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HIUQrdXL1Q&NR=1

I look forward to your comments, particularly on the similarity of the sentiment to that which we hear from militant Islam today.

Helps you understand where they got it from, doesn't it?
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 12 August 2007 11:23:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles,
Reminds me of the Vietnam days - "I had to kill him Sarge, he woulda grown up to be a Commie".
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 13 August 2007 12:46:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must have clicked on this thread a few times just to see what others thought.
Unite? the very many races involved make that hard and are we talking about the idiot murderers uniting with the majority peaceful ones?
I do not trust one section of this community do not want to live with them or even have them in my country.
That makes me a racist.
But i speak of less than 10% of the Muslim community.
No uniting will ever harm us the educated to hate few will.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 13 August 2007 6:22:06 AM
PART_1
Hi Pericles,
thanx for that.. yep, I'm quite familiar with those verses, and have given a considerable amount of study to them for reasons that they are used as arguments against Christians and the Church in general.

There are a number of things such use seldom recognizes.

1/ God DID declare that the Canaanites were to be 'utterly destroyed'.
I make no apology for the Almighty on that score.
2/ This specific place and time related command has NOTHING to do with use today or even the people of Israel AFTER that time.
3/ If God DID command it, you can be sure there were valid reasons, and.. consider this:
a) The children of Israel were delivered from Egypt in a miraculous way.
b) They KNEW it was indeed the Almighty who was dealing with them.
c) There was ample evidence of this fact in many things which occurred in their brief history.
d) If I was told to march around a walled city, on the grounds that doing so will result in the divine levelling of those walls, and it DID.... I would not be arguing with God about whether his other command (destroy them utterly) was 'fair and reasonable, or compassionate or tolerant' I'd be in there doing what had to be done, but it would not lessen the irksomeness of the task.

The incident about 'keep the little girls for yourselves' was subject to the Mosaic law on 'treatment of slaves' which included NOT using them for sex, but DID include allowing marriage, which also had the condition that if they marraige was rotten, the girl was FREE. (Which leads me to believe that a master would not marry a girl he felt he could not make it work with due to him losing her if it didn't.)

If you wonder why 'all' of the Canaanites were to be destroyed, you only need to read Esther 3:1 and following to see just how ONE descendant of a Canaanite king NOT slain acted.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 13 August 2007 7:32:05 AM
PART_2

HAMAN the AGAGITE Attempted genocide of all Jews.. AGAG, Agagite (1 Sam 15) Jews to this day have a remembrance day for what he attempted nearly 2500 yrs ago.

Just in case you haven't caught a wiff of the 'atmosphere' of a tribal, 'survive or die' environment, please (you may already have) examine this, and contemplate the 'different' situation of those days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmSWXk1nFRc
Look at the related vids also if you have time.

MORE DANGEROUS THAN MUSLIM UNITY......

Our greatest foe, is not united Muslims, it is our DISunited selves.
Spiritual and moral bankruptcy, social decay, in dissarray, going in all directions, weak, selfish, greedy, immoral, full of lust and acceptance of the vilest practices and precepts... THAT is far more dangerous than any bomb or group of Muslims.

We are probably as bad if not worse than Wales prior to the revival of 1904 or the evangelical awakenings of the 18thC

It has been said that in the early 1700s the life of England was ‘foul with
moral corruption and crippled by moral decay’. Most Englishmen of the day
considered that a life of unrestrained licentiousness could be indulged in with
impunity, and with this frame of mind much of the nation threw off restraint and
plunged itself headlong into godless living.
Bishop Ryle says: ‘...suffice to say that duelling, adultery, fornication,
gambling, swearing, Sabbath-breaking and drunkenness were hardly regarded as
vices at all. They were the fashionable practices of people in the highest ranks of
society, and no one was thought the worse for indulging in them’.

This described the CLERGY as much as anyone.

http://www.newcreation.org.au/books/pdf/072_GreatAwakening.pdf
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 13 August 2007 7:43:23 AM
The Mussies are coming! The Mussies are coming! The end of the world as we know it is nigh!

Get real, Islamophobes. There's only 300,000 Muslims in Australia, including children. The poor bastards are the most surveilled demographic group in Australia, next to Aboriginal people.

I'm more concerned about the potential effects on our society if the Christians all get together and promote sanctimonious claptrap such as Boazy alludes to above. Last week's pandering by the PM and wannabe PM to the loopy Australian Christian Lobby is a case in point. Muslims have no such direct access to heads of government in this country, or anything like it.

Ginx's comment is the most incisive (and hilarious) so far in this thread.

And Boazy - are you suggesting that the Welsh pose a moral threat to our culture? If so, I'm delighted that my name's Morgan :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 13 August 2007 10:37:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy