The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cardinal Pell's Appeal Fails.

Cardinal Pell's Appeal Fails.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 42
  8. 43
  9. 44
  10. All
We've just read the news that Cardinal Pell's appeal
has failed and that he is to serve the full time
of his sentence in jail.

Has justice been served?

Why? or Why not?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 August 2019 10:29:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am very sad.

This means that it can happen to any of us.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 21 August 2019 11:24:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't like Pell, such a smug and sanctimonious bastard, and as a non-believer, I have no regrets about the decline of the Catholic Church (or any church). But I do have misgivings about a verdict which is based only on assertions rather than evidence.

I would love for some film director to try to film this as accurately as possible, and realise that there are difficulties with the timing of when Pell was supposed to zip around the back of the cathedral, catch those two boys (or even know that they would be there), whip off his robes, have his way with them, get dressed and get back to the front steps as if nothing had happened.

So this will now go to the High Court ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 21 August 2019 11:40:29 AM
«So this will now go to the High Court ?»

If I were the Queen, then I would stop this circus right now!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 21 August 2019 11:44:22 AM
Guilty and that being the verdict we all should be happy our system works
Not being a believer it is good to see power and influence did not over rule justice
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 21 August 2019 11:50:35 AM
Belly,

Did you not post the following?

"Here we go opinion based on private bias not truth
Pell will in all probability walk free
Power and influence buys justice in this country..."
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 August 2019 12:05:29 PM

Changed your mind rather quickly.

I wonder will the rape allegation against Shorten come up again?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 21 August 2019 12:15:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 42
  8. 43
  9. 44
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy