The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Snow Snow beautiful snow.

Snow Snow beautiful snow.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All
In this game the term Expert is really just a fancier word for guessing !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 17 August 2019 8:50:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Belly, take one of those video trips down the old US Route 66, & you will get a little idea of the horrible future without coal & petroleum would be like. 45 year old, brand new cars, rusting away on flat tyres in derelict buildings falling apart around them. Houses that no one needs, once thriving businesses abandoned, all because of a new road.

One of my main objections to electric cars is that the industry & owners expect the taxpayer to fund the refuelling infrastructure. The petroleum industry, & car manufacturers have funded the refuelling of ICE cars, why should electric stuff get a free ride on our taxes. If it is not viable for the electric car industry, [& it isn't], to fund the infrastructure to make their products viable, then the products are simply expensive toys.

It is really only cars & building that employs most of us, directly or indirectly, & with out either, chaos. Wind & solar just can not power the modern civilisation. I don't give a damn what does, coal, nuclear, or pedal power, but without reliable power, & the jobs dependent on it, we will make the dark ages look like a Christmas party.

God we have so many naïve fools in this world.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 17 August 2019 12:47:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A word exists Hasbeen for those blindly fearing the future
Can not bring it to mind right now but
Yes But if this world lives for another two hundred years your view will not
Change will come
In our discussion about things that changed in our lifetime
You would be aware of the steam train, would know the first plane flew not much more than 100 years ago
WW2 charcoal burning cars,gasbag fitted
Charcoal itself no longer produced
Petrol coal and oil will not be in use two hundred, maybe twentery, years from now
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 August 2019 3:53:46 PM
Yes belly I have no doubt that change will come. New fuels & power systems will be developed, but it won't be changed in your or my lifetime, other than a total collapse if we try to rely on wind. Our civilisation most definitely will not be powered by windmills or solar panels, except in very minor ways.

I use solar for pumping water. It does not pump much, & would be useless if I still irrigated acres, but to pump water up for the garden & horses, it works fine.

I really don't give a damn what supplies my power, house, equipment or transport. I used wind to sail 53,000 miles around the Pacific, so am not against anything that works. However I threw unreliables off my yacht, & they have no place in a grid that so many in cities are entirely dependent on. They are only of use to rip off merchants robbing us blind, courtesy of our fool politicians.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 17 August 2019 6:04:13 PM
Yet Hasbeen over 30 years ago those damn hippies in Nimbin used water to drive a generator and power the smoking houses
1983 HERE, In this then even sleepier village, a young Vietnam vet, built his first new generation portable power plant
And started on his first of many millions
My solar, both batteries and feedback paid for themselves years ago
And my bills [after leaving a thieving supplier] are over a third less
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 18 August 2019 5:02:47 PM
No Belly, we tax payers paid for your solar, with subsidies for purchase, instillation & feed in tariff. With out that injection of tax payer funds your solar would have been a dead loss. What's more I am still paying for your solar with my inflated electricity bills.

A small thankyou will do.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 18 August 2019 6:32:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy