The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Snow Snow beautiful snow.

Snow Snow beautiful snow.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
The first snow I ever saw was at that little high point between Bathurst & Orange. 1951 & there was about an inch or so on the ground. Thousands had driven out from the 2 towns to see this incredibly rare phenomena. Not enough to make a snow man, but a few snow balls were thrown. It did not happen again in the next few years we lived in Bathurst.

Now after 68 years of global warming, the SES have to rescue motorists stranded by the deep snow at that same high point.

Here in South East Queensland we have had so many frosts, starting in May for gods sake, that we are losing natives indigenous to this area, even when protected by shade cloth &/or Envy spray.

How on earth are there people so gullible that they still believe this global warming fraud.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 11 August 2019 9:13:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Global warming has certainly caused lot of record low temperatures all over the country.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 11 August 2019 11:02:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen Black Springs is a chance of being that place you first saw snow
It was for me, knew the area well and over two decades returned in winter rabbit shooting
Uncle worked on large property there and I camped often at Shooters Hill with a couple of mates from Holsworthy Army camp, always went home with near a hundred rabbits
You can have my share of snow these days, but it is only just two hours drive away from it here some winters Barrington Tops
Posted by Belly, Monday, 12 August 2019 6:27:54 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

The strange unpredictable cold fronts of today may have nothing to do with global warming but a lot to do with the hole in the ozone layer over Antartica opening up again, something that is being caused by China which is not complying with the guidelines of the Montreal Protocol.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 12 August 2019 10:39:26 AM
No thanks Belly, it's all yours.

My lady & I actually discussed moving back up to the Whitsunday area last night. Although somewhat younger than me, she is finding her joints are not responding well to the increased cold of our winters here in SE Queensland.

So far the attraction of regular contact with kids & grandkids is winning the battle. However, much more of this global warming & the attraction of the tropics may win.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 12 August 2019 11:12:12 AM
The way the football commentators were carrying on the other night in Canberra I assume they all came from Sydney.

However snow in winter is not unusual, I can recall a snow covered train at Sydney's Central station. It happened in the 60s when the overnight Southern Aurora, heading for Sydney from Melbourne came through a snow storm in the southern highlands and was still covered when it arrived at Central.

More unusual, I recall snow on Christmas Day in Crookwell and Oberon on the tablelands.

There are many pictures of Parliament House, Canberra, with the snow covered Brindabella mountains in the background.
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 12 August 2019 11:31:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy