The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Change Australian culture?

Change Australian culture?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Sigh,..................................I didn't misspell THAT word. I DELIBERATELY changed one letter....., as I did before....

You have become so obsessed that you haven't looked at other threads have you?

Interesting bedfellows. Seeing what they want to see.

There are Right/Left wing posters on OLO, but it's becoming obvious that there is another group. The complete nutters! And there you are!

Jaspaloony.
Posted by Ginx, Sunday, 9 September 2007 12:06:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course Australia is multi cultue and we should all feel proud of it. Those wo only want control from a caucasian anglo culture are nothing but racists. We have the indigenous culture and we should strive to maintain that heritage. The beauty of Australia is that we all come from different walks of life and we can share and enjoy each others culture without having to travel. Long Live Multicuturism it is wonderful and must be enjoyed.
Posted by Julie Vickers, Sunday, 9 September 2007 12:09:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know that it hurts being told you are wrong, JSP1488, but you do yourself no favours by digging a deeper hole.

>>So what you are stating is that both forms can be right. I agree that the matter is trivial but all I did was reply to the pathetic little minx. BTW, your post, as above, devotes a lot more to the trivia than I did. Makes you wonder who the ass is.<<

Let's backtrack. Yours was the error when you said:

>>Maybe you should read a dictionary. It’s a big book of words and meanings but, sadly for you, no pictures. There you would read the following:-
Learnt - Past participle, past tense of learn
Learned – Deeply read, erudite. (obviously this does not apply to you).<<

I simply pointed out that this was incorrect. Learned and learnt are both valid past participles.

Your response shows that you a) didn't know this and b) that your first preference is to trade insults.

Let's face it, if you hadn't resorted in the first place to a pretence of intellectual superiority in trying to score a trivial point, you wouldn't have made such an ass of yourself.
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 9 September 2007 2:55:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good to see that Pericles and Ginx are up to their usual standards. Unless anyone has anything relevant to the original topic to contribute, what's the point of continuing this thread?
Posted by JSP1488, Sunday, 9 September 2007 4:58:04 PM
Before this thread vanishes into cyber space may I just throw in a little observation?

JSP1488,

The Romans appear light skinned on their sculptures because they used white marble mostly.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 9 September 2007 6:12:53 PM
Is Mise, I meant that the facial features on the Roman sculptures were typically Aryan, which no amount of hue changes can disguise.
Posted by JSP1488, Sunday, 9 September 2007 8:13:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy