The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Change Australian culture?

Change Australian culture?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. All
"Hi Ginx, I have learnt Gibberish by necessity; otherwise how could I keep up our riveting correspondence? Poor wee gibbering Ginx.
Posted by JSP1488, Saturday, 25 August 2007 11:10:52 AM"

I KNOW you have learned (learned!!) gibberish by necessity. How could you post otherwise?
Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious!

Weak gibbering Jasper.
Posted by Ginx, Saturday, 1 September 2007 3:30:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Ginx, I’ve missed your highly valued input for the last few days.

‘I KNOW you have learned (learned!!) gibberish by necessity. How could you post otherwise?
Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious!’

Maybe you should read a dictionary. It’s a big book of words and meanings but, sadly for you, no pictures. There you would read the following:-
Learnt - Past participle, past tense of learn
Learned – Deeply read, erudite. (obviously this does not apply to you).

You’re clutching at straws if you are resorting to imagined spelling mistakes.

Poor wee unlearned Ginx.
Posted by JSP1488, Monday, 3 September 2007 3:23:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Gerrit
Good to see you on this thread.

Morgan I ignored your utter rubbish until you started up yet again.
I have "all my life" been involved in working with Aboriginal people whom I especially love.

Secondly you know very well I work with Muslim Leaders.

Many from all walks of life. Often they stay with me at my property rather than public accomadtion. Because I like! to have them.

The way in which friendships are formed Morgan is with honesty.

Yes- I was at a shopping center which before being built years ago was used as a cow pasture.

Yep Slim Dusty used to ride with Dad a life time ago down Kempsey.

Yep they played I still call Australia home when I was driving through the bush on the way to help yet another farmer in hard times-

and yep I had tears in my eyes thinking about how bloody tough it is on the land now and how it was sad things were changing so fast.

Nope! I dont like seeing the full burkas` around everywhere when I go shopping.

Nope I dont want these things all over Australia and I am honest enough to say so.
Your the racist against Australians.

I love Australia and the bush , bushys Morgan and I dont want it changed so much we "dont recognise it anymore".

Now if my Muslim friends [of whom I am proud to say I have many] can understand and dont have a problem with my being honest about Burkas whats your problem?

Being honest Morgan is welcomed by "all" the Muslim people that I have had contact with.

This may come as a "big surprise"! to you Morgan but many Muslims dont like Burkas being worn here either as a personal preference.

As a matter of fact they themselves held a meeting to discuss it a year ago.!
So what does that make them? Muslims suffering from xenophobia according to you?
I call them friends who want to intergrate.

Good friends most of them!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 4 September 2007 6:46:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Progressing slowly Jasper.

Now look up learned and learnéd.

(Gawd!...it's an uphill grind.)

Poor wee Jasper.
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 6 September 2007 12:08:22 PM
Ginx, my dictionary doesn't use acute accents. Maybe you are using a French dictionary?

Triste petit Ginx.

How about 'Oiu Ginx'?
Posted by JSP1488, Thursday, 6 September 2007 12:44:49 PM
JSP1488, in your attempt to appear learned, you have made a bit of an ass of yourself.

Fowler, who is the absolute arbiter on such issues, has an entire section devoted to -T and -ED endings, and is absolutely fine with the use of either learnt or learned. As in "have you learned nothing from all this?" being just as valid as "have you learnt nothing from all this?"

He elaborates as follows:

"At present the -ed forms still prevail in print over those in -t in most of our list. It should be pointed out that, if the past tense were distinguished from the past participle, the preponderance of -ed for it would be slightly greater. The figures are arrived at by counting the occurrences in all OED quotations of the 19th and 20th centuries."

So if you are going to pick a fight on trivia, it is probably better to check your facts first.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 7 September 2007 6:52:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16