The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sunrise and Muslim doctors, Sheikh Haron and his allegation

Sunrise and Muslim doctors, Sheikh Haron and his allegation

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
When Dr. Keith Suter had an interview with Sunrise on Wednesday 4th July about Muslim doctors, Glasgow attack in UK and Dr. Haneef, he said he was surprised why doctors have chosen the option of attack in STREETS rather than using their profession and qualification. He has indirectly said that if they would use their profession they would be able to kill more people at hospitals.
An Australian Muslim cleric has complained that Channel 7 broadcast was indirectly instructing terrorists.
Sheikh Haron in his letter to Mr. Damian Bugg 'DPP' says: " What has been broadcasted was like this story for example: A bomb explodes in a quiet train station like Seven Hills, next day someone in TV says: It's strange, I don't understand why they have not chosen Town Hall train station? Why they have not exploded Town Hall or Central station to be able to kill more people?"
Sheikh Haron also says such a broadcasted material will result in breaking the trust between doctors and patients and Australians will fear to visit a Muslim doctor. They will prefer to avoid treatment by a Muslim doctor than to be killed by the poisoning injection of a Muslim doctor.
He finally says: " at this time that the case of Dr. Mohammad Haneef is almost closed, it is expected from Australian government to show that there is no difference between Muslims and Non Muslims when it comes to breaking the law, to prove that there is no discrimination about Anti terrorism law, and all people will face charges if they commit any kind of terrorist acts whether they are Muslims or Non Muslims, whether it is a Mosque or a Church, an Islamic Radio station or Channel 7 , whether he is Dr. Mohammad Haneef from India or Dr. Keith Suter from Sunrise.
Now there are few questions:
1. Do you think Channel 7 will be charged?
2. Has Sunrise has instructed terrorists?
3. Channel 7 has right to warn Australians to be careful when they visit a Muslim doctor for safety?
Posted by David BN, Wednesday, 8 August 2007 2:11:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well I think Sunrise is right to warn Australian patients about Muslim doctors. I prefer Non Muslim doctor if I fear.
Sunrise is not terrorist, Sheikh Haron is wrong. Am I right? lol
Posted by Angela84, Thursday, 9 August 2007 11:22:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where can we find a script of what Dr Keith Suter has said?
Posted by Philo, Thursday, 9 August 2007 1:45:52 PM
Philo you can purchase it from Channel 7
Posted by P_Dox, Thursday, 9 August 2007 4:55:32 PM
Yeah Philo you can get it from Sunrise, if they don't give it to you don't worry I have a copy if you need one !
Posted by Angela84, Friday, 10 August 2007 2:01:29 AM
Shiekh Haron seems to be getting taking out of contex.
I think he was trying to saying the broad sense a Dr could do more harm in his field of work than doing something he is not trained for.
After having said that the Australian public approve of the way the Federal Police handled the matter of the Gold Coast Dr.
That has been established through many polls and is the reason Rudds not pushing it.
The Federal Police have far more information than we do and I for one are happy to leave protecting Australia up to them.
This does not mean that in this country the Sheikh is not entiled to respond and make a point from what the Dr said either.

Sunrise have never been ones to take much resonsibilty for what they regually misinform the public about.
On no less than three ocashions - Coshieit -
has told his listeners the high price of meat in Australia has nothing to do with live exports?
I couldnt believe my ears or that somebody could just mouth off on national Tv about something they clearly had zero knowledge of.

So we contacted the producer and requested a invitation to debate that or a retraction from 7.
Its time the public woke up to the political overtures of the media.

Just another example of Sunrise and others being totally irresposible and very arrogant.

And for goodness sake sack the guy who picks the bands that go on that show early AM.
A very poor example for our kids before they leave for school.
A nightmere for the rest of us
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 12 August 2007 6:31:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy