The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pell: Disgraceful Decision

Pell: Disgraceful Decision

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. 38
  11. 39
  12. 40
  13. ...
  14. 58
  15. 59
  16. 60
  17. All
Paul if you open your mind and shut your mouth once in a while, you might actually come across as someone who only appears to be a petulant know-it-all fool, instead of persisting with your negative and arrogant posture, and having those faults and failures confirmed.
I must say I actually enjoy reading excerpts and opinions of others less fortunate, diverse or experienced than myself.
It has given me valuable insights into the minds of the 'average' Australian.
So by all means keep it up, it is quite interesting to learn of a new species of homo-sapien which seems to be more attune to the neanderthal era than some of those amongst us today.
Otherwise without the 'dim team' this might be a boring exercise in futility, no sorry, it is, but only where the 'dim team' is concerned.
Ah well, se la vie.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 8 March 2019 9:30:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

Sounds very much like a basic Orthodox yeshiva debating point. Not permitting women in these 'centres of learning' really has a lot to answer for. However to the task at hand.

My understanding that is that the philosophy or rather tortuous religious pseudo-logic you are espousing waned after the Holocaust and for good reason. It was incompatible with any notion of a just God.

“What happened in the Shoah is above and beyond measure (l'miskpat): above and beyond suffering, above and beyond any punishment. There is no transgression that merits such punishment... and it cannot be attributed to sin." David Weiss Halivni

It deserves to wither and perish and to be recognised for what it is, a tool for Orthodox leaders to retain power for themselves.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 8 March 2019 9:38:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

«You can forget all that karma and god nonsense, unless you have been living under a rock.»

The danger of forgetting God and that our actions have results is truly there, thus one ought to shelter under the Rock of Ages.

«every Australian adult would know of Ivan Milat the notorious backpacker murderer.»

Apparently not, though I understand that most do. It is not a healthy practice to read about these things, it pollutes the mind and when I go through the news I skip the crime sections. There are of course those people who need to know about it, like anyone whose job-description includes crime-prevention, but the rest of us will be wise and in better health without such negative sensational news.

---

Dear SteeleRedux,

«Sounds very much like a basic Orthodox yeshiva debating point. Not permitting women in these 'centres of learning' really has a lot to answer for.»

My current spiritual guide is Hindu and a woman.

«My understanding that is that the philosophy or rather tortuous religious pseudo-logic you are espousing waned after the Holocaust and for good reason. It was incompatible with any notion of a just God.»

Understanding that the Nazis of today will become the Jews of tomorrow, can only encourage you not to become a Nazi. There is nothing we can do to change the past, but a lot we can do to change our future.

«a tool for Orthodox leaders to retain power for themselves.»

Whoever uses it this way, is a fool who themselves does not believe in what they teach.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 8 March 2019 10:20:54 AM
Dear Yuyutsu,

Fine.

Then let's run with "My understanding that is that the philosophy or rather tortuous religious pseudo-logic you are espousing"...has delivered that most vile notion of the achhoots, predetermined before birth to remain on the lowest run of Indian society no matter how many bloody 'karma points' they accrue.

Why do you feel attracted to these aberrant takes on the world?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 8 March 2019 10:55:09 AM
Dear SteeleRedux,

You mentioned the Jewish state of affairs where Orthodox leaders distort and abuse their ancient teachings of wisdom to gain power and subjugate others.

It sadly happens in every society, including the Indian.

While there is some truth in the description of castes, the idea as if one's caste is fixed upon birth is incorrect and goes against the scriptures. Since Gandhi and Indian independence, discrimination on the basis of caste has also become illegal in India.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 8 March 2019 11:09:32 AM
Foxy,

"I'm sure that the librarian at your local library can help
you with even more suggestions."

I'm sure that she also knows how to spell "paedophile".
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 8 March 2019 12:48:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. 38
  11. 39
  12. 40