The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Foul Murder - The Emotional Drain - On Law-Enforcement Officers:

Foul Murder - The Emotional Drain - On Law-Enforcement Officers:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
O Sung Wu- Interesting to see how history repeats itself- never quite the same but in interesting tedious ways. The do gooders can create problems. Charity starts at home...

Reminds one of Steinbeck- Mice And Men and the putting down of mad dogs- you can't save the world- you may be able to help little pieces of it- if you understand the pieces.

My solution to such things favours quick and decisive action. I admire the police that would see many of these incidents and still maintain relative composure despite the horror. When they try to get the hierarchy to deal with the underlying problem it must be extremely frustrating. I can understand why some can't stop the pictures in their heads.

These events are not as common as the public perception perhaps but there are other events that occur above communities standard of acceptable behavior but below the threshold of law. It's fascinating the interaction of cultures and how the dominance submissive dichotomy plays out. Novelty is not stability.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 9 March 2019 10:25:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there CANEM MALUM...

You're right when you say, Society changes its standards and moral acceptabilities, occasionally below that which we see in our Statutes. Invariably, the community may demand amendments to the law, and it can take some years before those amendments are passed & written into Statute. Interestingly, Australian jurisprudence, like Great Britain's, take some time before you see them come into fruition. Something like the tectonic plates that cause havoc with the Earth's crust. They 'rumble' about making noise and letting off steam etc., 'til finally there's an eruption, and up she goes!

The police and their political masters, don't always make good bed-fellows. That said the politicians invariably win in any contest between the two. Their sworn duty still shackles the cops, so any thought of mounting any industrial action is seen as an empty threat nothing more. Police cannot go on Strike.

One thing my friend, the police force en masse, have very long memories. Any politician silly enough to make them their enemy is incredibly stupid and naive in the extreme. I could cite many an instance where some political opportunists, have erred, and only through the good graces of the police, they can be saved from themselves. CANEM MALUM, after over 32 years in the job, I've had more than enough. I still speak occasionally with a few former Colleagues who've yet to retire, but not too many, given my age. Thank you very much indeed for your insightful contribution. I do appreciate it.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 10 March 2019 5:32:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy