The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Foul Murder - The Emotional Drain - On Law-Enforcement Officers:

Foul Murder - The Emotional Drain - On Law-Enforcement Officers:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
In my post above the link doesn't have a photo of Dan's strangely unsinged pistol, one would think that the wood would have burned a bit in the fire.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/9692200/Gun-used-at-Ned-Kellys-last-stand-set-to-fetch-82000-at-auction.html
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 28 February 2019 10:30:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did anyone mention that one of the females arrested and charged over the assault on police works in CHILD CARE? How could anyone trust their kids to a creature like that?
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 28 February 2019 10:34:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

Nothing surprises me; she'll keep her job, a bit of counselling perhaps by a sympathetic soul mate.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 1 March 2019 8:02:27 AM
"Kayla Potts was bailed after allegedly punching a police officer."

ttbn //works in CHILD CARE? How could anyone trust their kids to a creature like that?//

Is Mise //Nothing surprises me; she'll keep her job, a bit of counselling perhaps by a sympathetic soul mate.//

Judge Issy, in what court of law did you find her guilty. And yes ttbn if found guilty in a properly constituted court of law, we may not want her working with children, in NSW she would most likely lose her accreditation.

ttbn, its not like your "Pell: Disgraceful Decision" obviously Ms Potts is not one of your favourites. BTW has Pell still got a working with children accreditation? Has his boss in Rome defrocked him yet?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 1 March 2019 5:52:27 PM
Paul,

I got "Black Snake" from Inverell library and I must say that I'm impressed by the little that I've read so far.
The author comes across as a caring bloke, as I've known some of the "outlaw" family members for some 50 years, I liked that he also mentions what they have had to put up with as well as the police families.

More as I read more.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 2 March 2019 11:45:36 AM
Hi Issy, Frank Gardiner the bushranger was an uncle of my grandfather, on my mothers side. Some mystery about the bushranger himself, they didn't get to hang him, one of the few. The great-grand mother moved from the Barwang/Harden district in the last quarter of the 19th century and purchased 250 acres of good pastoral land in the Wellington district. She brought with her two young sons, unusual for that time that a woman would have the means to make such a purchase, and have two children in toe. My grandfathers birth was registered as being at Barwang NSW in the name of Gardener, a name my grandfather always denied was his. He used the name of his step-father from the Wellington district whom his mother had married after the death of her husband?, who was never in the Wellington Shire, he also gave that name to his 13 children. The older brother took up property near Wellington on the step-fathers death, and my grandfather being the younger son inherited the 250 acres from his mother. Its still in the family.
My romantic cousin, she likes to believe that Frank Gardiner was the great-grandfather, and some of his hoard was passed on to his wife, before he fled Australia, and she moved to the Wellington district to wait for his return, which never came. Frank Gardiner died in San-Francisco in about 1880.

When you have read Leo Kennedy's book, let me know what you think. The main thrust of the book is the myth that is the Kelly story, and the on going lies and falsehoods, but worse for him is the way his ancestor and the others names have been blackened, when in fact its clear they were decent human beings, and Ned was the bad guy, who is now touted as the good guy.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 2 March 2019 1:22:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy