The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Foul Murder - The Emotional Drain - On Law-Enforcement Officers:

Foul Murder - The Emotional Drain - On Law-Enforcement Officers:

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Paul,

I'll definitely let you know.
Interesting link to Frank Gardiner, I have to go further back for my 'baddies'!
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 2 March 2019 1:29:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O Sung Wu- Your stories make me want to roll up my sleeves and go to work. But the point of this mafia style is to terrify the opposition. The left say don't fight back... this is evil. When the good do nothing... Maybe we should just all move to NT where we only have to worry about the crocs.

Individual- Yes thanks for your application... good point.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 9 March 2019 1:59:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there CANEM MALUM...Both INDIVIDUAL & RUNNER speak a lot of common sense. The difficulty arises when the public seek to position themselves in a more combative role with the police. Very often driven by a 'beat-up' by the media! The media are the greatest critics of the police, in fact, all Governments. Departments. As is their right just as long as there's evidence of wrongdoing. Whereas the police are always on the side of the people. Superficially, the police force is the muscle the public demand, whenever they see criminality occurring.

Many years back I attended a fulltime (mandatory) promotion course. One of our outside lectures held the Chair of Criminology at one of Sydney's leading Universities. He made a fantastic statement which when articulated, immediately brought the entire classroom from a sleepy reverie to a sudden alert - He said, among other things '...the public get the police force they deserve...'?

I spoke with my colleagues soon after, as to what precisely he meant by it. Or was it, as a few of them believe, some esoteric statement that had previously been assigned, to the dusty shelves of academia? Who knows? I'm much more pragmatic. I believe the essential duty of police, is the protection of life. It is followed then by the protection of property, with all that gives rise to. And the rest of it merely follows-on, depending entirely on its importance. Simplistic, maybe; pragmatic definitely.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 9 March 2019 11:53:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O Sung Wu said- the essential duty of police, is the protection of life. It is followed then by the protection of property

Answer- Sounds correct to me mate- once in a while the pollies like to interfere with this from what I see.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 9 March 2019 2:21:09 PM
Even though I understand why these "terrorists" put someone's mouth over the gutter- I think of the parents and families of these people. We shouldn't allow people from parts of the world where this is considered acceptable behavior. I guess it's easy to treat someone as a piece of meat when you are different enough. What is truly evil is those that allow it to be done to their own.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 9 March 2019 2:26:53 PM
Hi (again) CANEM MALUM...

Fortunately, the 'Lebanese Kiss,' isn't nearly so prevalent as it was in my day when we had various Task Forces interdicting with these Islamic gangs in Bankstown & environs. The advent of bringing loads of Lebanese refugees to our shores was the responsibility of one of the worst, Liberal leaders in my living memory, one Malcolm FRASER.

At the time, the Lebanese civil war was in full swing, and FRASER decided to make himself a hero, by allowing many of these Lebanese refugees to enter Australia, without the benefit, of the full suite of checks, that should've been done!

Checks that were vital to Australia's security. Foreign Affairs; ASIO; ASIS; State & Federal Police; and the most important of all, ONA ('Office of National Assessments') very much a taciturn branch of the Military. In my book, Malcolm FRASER was probably the worst, and the most negligent politician we've ever had! Consequently we 'unwittingly' permitted hundreds of hardened Lebanese criminals, into our country! Just what was needed?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 9 March 2019 4:28:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy