The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Conspiracy against Trump was real.

Conspiracy against Trump was real.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
mhaze, why don't you get it through your thick skull that this is an OPINION forum, therefore all opinions are welcome, even yours. like the rest of the rabid right you like to think of your opinions as being fact. WHEN THEY ARE NOT!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 24 February 2019 9:00:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes all opinions are welcome.

And its my opinion that opinions that aren't based on even a modicum of facts are little better than fairy-tales. And belief in fairy-tales, particularly when combined with a refusal to accept any contrary data leads inexorably to the firm but utterly erroneous view that there really are dwarves in the woods looking after abandoned princesses.

And many of your 'opinions' based on no data and often in direct contravention of all available data are merely fairy-tales that you choose to believe because the real world isn't the way you want it to be.

"the opinion of a vested interest namely BHP chief executive Andrew Mackenzie, carries little weight."

You'll note (well not you but someone interested in the truth) that I showed others who also pooh-pooed your assertions. You ignore them because you can't work out how to discredit them even at your woeful level of evidence.

"you are one of the useful idiots who hangs off every word of this incompetent government."

You'll note (well not you but someone interested in the truth) that I haven't mentioned the government in any of this 'debate'. I'm not trying to defend the government but to seek the truth. You on the other hand couldn't care less about the truth so long as you can use the fairy-tale to disparage the government.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 24 February 2019 10:22:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mhaze, you offered up the opinion of BHP chief executive Andrew Mackenzie that "he did not believe it was political"
Could there be logical reason why Mackenzie should offer such an opinion. The answer is yes; one he has a vested interest in maintaining the BHP share price, very much dependent on continuing BHP coal sales to China. two he wants to protect the government as he sees a continuing Tory government in Canberra to be advantageous to BHP. These are two possible reason why Mackenzie would offer a biased opinion.

You have no evidence. I merely state the facts of the matter. Australian ships full of coal were prevented from entering a Chinese port, fact. With that news the Aussie dollar fell, fact. Morrison and co along with the gov of the Reserve Bank rushed to reassure financial markets there was no problem, fact.
From these facts, and given recent events in our relationship with China, I conclude our government is being stupid and endangering Australia's trade relationship with China, which we very much depend on, for no worthwhile purpose.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 24 February 2019 11:59:02 AM
Paul,

"Could there be logical reason why Mackenzie should offer such an opinion."

If that was the only opinion I mentioned then putting a different construct on his views might be valid. But I did offer other opinions which supported his views but don't have obvious reasons for doing so. Its almost hilarious that you are assiduously avoiding even mentioning those other opinions.

Its also hilarious the way you are trying very hard to pretend that you didn't ascribe the Chinese actions to Australia's 5G decision. You do know that the internet is forever, don't you? You do know that others can easily scan up the page to see you putting it down to the 5G decision, don't you?
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 24 February 2019 2:00:41 PM
A piece under the heading Bloomberg Opinion is exactly that, an opinion. mhaze you can put up a hundred opinions, because they agree with your view does not make them evidence as you like to assert.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 24 February 2019 8:19:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy