The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Roundabouts in NSW

Roundabouts in NSW

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Paul,

Is that typical Greens inspired law?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 19 December 2018 8:05:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do try to show some understanding of the world Paul, with your lack of understanding it is no wonder you are a green.

Mandatory sentencing has nothing to do with mandatory guilt. To be sentenced first you have to be found guilty of something, so all the laws of evidence & defence apply. It is simply a way of correcting judges who have become too close to the criminals they deal with all the time.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:54:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I found a very effective counter punch to a similar situation.
I had to make a regular right turn off a divided four lane road from
a turning bay. Shrubbery in the centre stopped vision of oncoming
traffic in the centre lane.
After a couple of near misses I wrote and complained. A letter back
saying there is no problem.
I then wrote a letter saying I would give their letter to anyone that
had an accident there.
A day later they were there cutting it all down.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 21 December 2018 2:57:56 PM
Bazz in my days as a road worker if the local member wrote a complaint on behalf of any one the job got done
In truth even if it did not seem to be needed
But in matters of vision it was standard practice fix it on the spot without requests
As it should be councils seem to be a law to them selves most highways do not have high growth in roundabouts
Worth telling of the stupidity , once RTA workers removed dead animals on sight
Then a contract was drawn up, government workers contracting to the government.
Dead roo,s not in the contract, strict orders not to remove
One killed on a lady,s only entrance to her home, day one two three she wanted it moved, we not allowed to, councils job they said
Council 45 klm away
A road worker on day six mid summer whispered lady why not ring the paper
Day eight headlines photos and all
Bloke who told us we could not move it demanded we do so! she tried to buy me a beer but told her she had made my year
Posted by Belly, Friday, 21 December 2018 4:30:00 PM
Come, come, Hassy,

Every evil doer you see in a 30 second grab on the 6 o'clock news is assumed to be guilty without trial in your eyes, and should have the book thrown at them. Just like some poor bastard being harassed by a ding bat reporter on 'A Current Affair', guilt based on the biased TV evidence as presented by the conscience of the silent majority, a bunch looking to ratings with advertising dollars attached. That is the accepted legal system of some empty heads.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 23 December 2018 8:40:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy