The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate change stories.

Climate change stories.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35
  13. All
Foxy you are a gem, your wishes taken on board and returned, to every single poster here yes including runner and ALTRAV
Here we are again, on the OLO border, we have one you know
On just about any subject those of us calling a spade a spade will be told we are lefty idiots and in fact it is a broom
One side of the man made climate change debate has had the wool pulled over their eyes
We are told it is us believers
We know about bush fires in the Arctic circle, over 40 degrees even in spring.
We here daily of melting ice, the UN and other world bodys warn us, our government yesterday in Poland, along with Disneyland, aw all right America, was the only two country,s who attended a pro fossil fuel meeting
Have yourselves a very merry Christmas everyone and in all probability a hot one
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 December 2018 5:45:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The "left liberals/ labor/ greens" won't encourage population control and responsible culture the "right liberals/ free traders" won't admit to climate change- world population is the problem.

The "left liberals" won't acknowledge that there is no good solution to energy. Elon Musk says that we have to solve the sustainable energy conundrum- we haven't yet...

Australia should develop a nuclear industry for defense... and energy.

There are too many people.
Posted by Canem Malum, Friday, 14 December 2018 8:39:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

I'm not so sure its politically correct to say Merry Christmas these days.

Might I suggest, as an alternative:

Happy holidays or

Happy Saturnalia or

Merry Festivus or

Just start preparing your grandkids for their future by saying Allahu Akbar.

It seems the usual suspects have the jargon down pat - no data forthcoming but the standard 'denier' and 'flat-earther' moronosity spread liberally around.

My impression is that the 'non-deniers' don't actually know why they are required to believe that we're all gunna die because of CO2, but they've been so used to just following the herd for so long that they do it instinctively.

For those who preen themselves on following THE science perhaps these would be of value:

Smirnov, 2018 : "The line-by-line method gives the change of the global temperature K as a result of doubling the carbon dioxide concentration. The contribution to the global temperature change due to anthropogenic injection of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, i.e. resulted from combustion of fossil fuels, is approximately 0.02 K now."

Davis et al, 2018 : "Changes in atmospheric CO2 therefore affect global temperature weakly at most."

Meanwhile the vast majority of nations are pumping out more CO2 than ever, the French have said enough is enough, the US fracks its way to reduced emissions and our politicians continue to pretend that we have some control over the climate.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 14 December 2018 9:03:36 AM
CM, I don't understand your last paragraph and how it fits in with the preceding points.
Can you elaborate on, 'there are too many people'?
Or what do you mean by this?
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 14 December 2018 9:25:55 AM
Thank You everyone for your Good Wishes.

I've done all my Christmas shopping, sent out all my cards,
both locally and overseas,
and am now getting the house in order and have my
cooking supplies sorted and ready to go. It will be Carols
by Candelight coming up (it's still raining), and my spirits
are high. It will be another big family get-together at our
house, as always.

Once again - to all of you - Wishing you All the Joys of this
Beautiful Season, and Good Health, Joy, Love, and Laughter,
for the New Year 2019!

Be kind to each other.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 December 2018 10:36:29 AM
Dear Foxy,

I've been an atheist all my life, but I happily sing all the carols with my singing group - why should God have all the best tunes ? - I really go for the high note at the end of 'The Holy City' and especially love 'Mary's Boy Child' and Mariah Carey's 'All I want is - you'.

There are many wonderful lessons to be learnt from the Bible, maybe not so much from the 'love god, get down on your knees, he'll give you eternal life in return' stuff but stories like the Good Samaritan - could this selfless behaviour ever be approved of in any other religion - to help someone who is NOT of your own group ? - and the awareness that much of the early push against slavery came from Christians, especially Quakers. 'Chains shall he break, because the slave is our brother' - is there the slightest hint of this in, say, the Koran ? Yes, western countries supported slavery, but were also the first to abolish it - Britain around 1809 (compare Saudi Arabia: officially abolished around 1962, but ... ). For compassion, I still get emotional over the story of Judah and Tamar. And of course, Esther.

Behind the worshipful guff are important principles, perhaps unintended but still there. I'm not interested in eternal life - I'll live out my span (which is already much longer than the world average), then I'll go. If there is a god, he/she can do whatever he/she likes with my remains. But there are far more important issues in Christianity than some selfish desire to live forever, and therefore to constantly praise and fawn over a god, jut in case. I agree with Schopenhauer who suggested that, if a Christian could be persuaded that there as no eternal life, he/she would become an atheist in twenty minutes.

But they can't take away that wonderful Good Samaritan story.

So I hope you have the very best Christmas celebrations with all your loved ones.

Love,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 14 December 2018 1:05:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35