The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Indigenous University Students in Indigenous-focussed and Mainstream Courses

Indigenous University Students in Indigenous-focussed and Mainstream Courses

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 24
  14. 25
  15. 26
  16. All
Individual,

The fact that our universities are highly regarded on the
global level speaks volumes. And both academics and students
can afford to go elsewhere - yet they still choose to come here.
That also speaks volumes. You should not speak about something
you know nothing about.

Dear Joe,

I love reading your posts and those of Big Nana.
I learn so much from them.
Thank You both!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 11:27:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ttbn,

Love that definitional slide ! I wrote about your 'attacking Indigenous people seizing opportunities', not 'attacking Indigenous people' per se, as you claim. My point actually was precisely that Indigenous people are utilising higher education to become LESS reliant on outsiders like you and me, on the 'Left' or the Right, and thank god for that. They're living their own lives as they see fit. They don't need our advice on how to do that.

So, is that all you've got ? One 'hooray !' would have been sufficient. What, no hoorays at all ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 12:42:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am fascinated at the la la land you people live in.
Let's get a few things clear before we set off for this journey to la la land.
Firstly, the level of education in this country IS rubbish, dig a little further and the stats are there just below the surface.
The system doesn't want them too close to the surface as it will show them up for what they truly are, INEPT!
Secondly, if there is not consensus on a topic, it is not absolute in only one direction, so it is we have conflicting opinions about the level of education in this country.
Not to mention survey after survey have shown Aussies to be amongst the dumbest in the world.
Thirdly, stop referring to Aussies as 'indigenous'.
Either we are ALL indigenous, because we are born here, or we're not.
Which is it going to be?
I will not relent on hammering home this point to some very arrogant, petulant, childish, selfish people who insist on putting down ALL the other Aussies who don't happen to have an abo ancestor in their family history.
There are NO abo's in uni's, OK?
So stop trying to big-note yourselves, your just embarrassing yourselves and your people.
Me and the other 20 odd million Aussies think you're a joke by continually pushing this BS up-hill.
One thing I have learned about OLO, there is an unwillingness to see the truth and an even greater resistance to speak it.
We have one group who see the world through rose coloured glasses and believe 'the glass is always half full', and if you hold to that attitude and mind set, things will become nice and rosey.
They refuse to see the truth, or that the glass varies from full to empty, and that most of the time it is empty.
So it is that I cannot stand by and allow people to mislead others naively or for whatever reason, and so I have to speak up.
With the like minded, open minded, thinking people, I find myself Boyd with hope going forward.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 5:53:21 PM
//I (individual) have spent 40 years alongside educated people & all I can say that the number of useful ones were outnumbered 100-1 by the inept.//

I assume Indy the useful one were the "educated people", glad there were 99 other inept's like yourself to keep you company for 40 years.

You continually prattle on about educated people as being mostly useless, public servants of no value types, and it your type (I assume uneducated) that are the real savours of the world. Its more likely that because of your lack of education you are resentful and jealous of those who are educated.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 6:12:17 PM
Hi ALTRAV,

Please enlighten me, could you name a few, or even one of those Australians in the public eye, that you consider to be the like minded, open minded, thinking people, holding views and opinions similar to yourself. I am interested.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 6:28:17 PM
You should not speak about something
you know nothing about.
Foxy,
Really ? Why then are our political leaders so inept ? They've all been to Uni !
Why are so many Uni graduated bureaucrats so inept ?
I worked alongside with quite a number of those "educated" so to say I know nothing about isn't quite right. I've seen first hand the stuff-ups by these "educated" people.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 6:59:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...