The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is it suddenly Black Friday Sale Time?

Why is it suddenly Black Friday Sale Time?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hey Belly,
"yesterday was red Monday! we comrades celebrated the take over of Victoria".

I'm going to pretend you didn't say that;
- Lest I subconsciously start hoping for another Black Friday to cleanse your state and purge it of all foreign and progressive influence.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 7:53:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The ANZAC holiday is taken by Yanks and Google as a US Victory.
"In a letter to her mother dated November 28, 1942, a young unnamed Australian woman married to an American described the “frightful” riot that became known as “The Battle Of Brisbane”. ... At the time, thousands of American soldiers were stationed across Australia,."
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 8:28:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Comrade Belly,

No I didn't miss out, I picked up a personally autographed photo of our fearless leader Uncle Joe for only 10 million rubles, which is worth about 2 cents Aussie. It reads; "Having, great time on holidays in Stalingrad, dated Xmas 1942!" P/S "Not sending Adolf a Chrissy present this year, the dirty stinker!" Better late than never.

Also got an Email from the gang down at the Kremlin, it reads: "Congrats comrades on glorious Communists victory in Australia on Saturday! Australia Saturday, the rest of the world next week.
Love and kisses on both cheeks from Vlad, Leon, Joe and all the Lads at party HQ in Moscow. P/S "How is Comrade Bill doing in Aussie Capital? Next year we rename Aussie Capital, Shortengrad in honour of Comrade Bill, after big victory in Aussie Revolution.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 8:53:31 AM
Vlad the Slasher , Black Sea day specials. Buy now before Donald's Deals puts a trade tariff on these 2 as-new Ukraine gunboats and 1 Fascist-class tug-boat. Say 500kg roubles the lot , no more to pay.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 9:50:30 AM
Steelredux I have booked a Combi Van for our next national conference, room in the back if you want to come
Subjects include Putin has betrayed us
Comrade Trump to be awarded the medal for best impersonation of a man this year
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 11:36:28 AM
//Did our naming of Black Friday come first and is Google incorrect?//

No.

//Does the name belong to us and our national tragedy//

No, it belongs to the Scots and one of their (many) national tragedies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyemouth_disaster

Or the Yanks, and their stock market crash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_Crash_of_1929

Or indeed, to any nation that has ever had some tragedy befall it on a Friday.

//Finally what happens if Google commandeers our holidays?//

It will make a nice change from Hallmark doing it?

I dunno, mate, you're the one who likes playing with your crystal balls. Why don't you tell us, because we're all dying to know. No, really.

//Could they not hypothetically also turn 'ANZAC Day' into a US retail sales holiday as well?//

I very much doubt it; it would be about as effective as trying to convince Australians to go shopping to celebrate the Boston Tea Party or Guy Fawke's Day or Bastille Day or something.... it's their history, not ours, so nobody cares.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 28 November 2018 7:51:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy