The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is it suddenly Black Friday Sale Time?

Why is it suddenly Black Friday Sale Time?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
It's "black" for profit , not in the red and smart retailers double their prices . Like oil , buy from Saudi princes for $3.40 barrel , add freight , sell for anything you like , Australians are stupid beggars and pay for Thanksgiving for Massachusetts and Virginia , NSW.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 26 November 2018 1:53:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's a shopping day 'the day after Thanksgiving' in the US, similar to our Boxing Day sales the day after Christmas.

The first recorded use of the term 'Black Friday' however, was applied not to holiday shopping but to financial crisis: specifically, the crash of the U.S. gold market on September 24, 1869. Two notoriously ruthless Wall Street financiers, Jay Gould and Jim Fisk, worked together to buy up as much as they could of the nation’s gold, hoping to drive the price sky-high and sell it for astonishing profits. On that Friday in September, the conspiracy finally unraveled, sending the stock market into free-fall and bankrupting everyone from Wall Street barons to farmers.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 26 November 2018 3:15:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes black Friday exists, it harms no one other than those who pay too much or spend too much
Changing it is as likely as American Turkeys calling for an earlier thanksgiving day
Posted by Belly, Monday, 26 November 2018 5:30:29 PM
Change is not likely , there's Hallow'een , Thanksgiving and next is Independence Day which gives us the date for the Republic. And a song about rockets and stars.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 26 November 2018 5:53:45 PM
I've been saving hard all year so I could splurge big time at the Purple Tuesday Sale, but unfortunately to my horror the wife has raided my little green Piggy Bank and blown all my dosh at the Yellow Monday Sale. Well there is always the Pre-Xmas Sale, the Xmas Sale, the After Xmas Sale, the Boxing Day Sale, The New Years Sale, the Sale between the Boxing Day Sale and the New Years Sale, and of course the Sale you have when you're not having a Sale. Has anybody got anything for sale, I'm desperate, haven't spent in hours, thank god Ebay is still open!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 26 November 2018 10:38:58 PM
Paul you missed it! yesterday was red Monday! we comrades celebrated the take over of Victoria
Little red books went for half price and gold embossed disks of keep the read flag flying ten for two bucks.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 27 November 2018 4:55:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy