The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Democrats Soft underbelly or Future of Democracy?

Democrats Soft underbelly or Future of Democracy?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
Can the right continue to travel even further right? if they do can American then remain a Democracy?
Maybe the answer to both questions is no, can any one think every Republican supports the very right controlling their party
Will the Democrats have learned from the Hillary Clinton own goal?
Yes surely, and too surely they, this time, will not rely on Trump to beat himself
American and world politics is at a crossroads,center and left of center party,s will find ways to combat this new right or fall.
Politics evolves and in seems likely world wide party,s other than the right may move just a little, towards the right in the key issues that fuel the right, not my wish but the point of politics is to win elections
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 30 September 2018 10:18:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the point of politics is to win elections
Belly,
that is the unfortunate part. It should be about guiding a nation into the future & elections should be an award for a well performing Govt.
The way things are now it's a matter of ousting a badly performing Govt & voting in another incompetent one.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 30 September 2018 12:05:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Possibly should that not read * the point of politicians are to win elections * which is why now they change policies on the slightest hint it will garner more votes.

In the past as is it now they will lie and virtually offer the world if elected knowing full well they can not deliver, when in power out come all the reasons why they can't deliver on what they promised.

This to me is one of the main reasons most Politicians are not trusted anymore.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 30 September 2018 12:09:52 PM
In posting this I wanted to let some light in on an increasing dislike of politics worldwide, and to re-enforce my view centrist/left party,s will change to in part stop the move to the right.
America has seen Republicans fight for control of their party, we see that in the current government, and in all truth oppositions.
But right now some Republicans are not supporting their own government.
The true right has not got full support even within its own party.
So what can centerists and left party,s do.
Here after the boats came Labor,seeing it had blundered in this area, introduced even harsher rules, offshore detention.
Such moves will be seen from centrist party,s to stop the growth of the very right
No fully left or right party can rule any more
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 30 September 2018 12:14:20 PM
You've got to be kidding me right?
Here we go again...

Where do you get this fairytale from Belly?

"Can the right continue to travel even further right? if they do can American then remain a Democracy?"

Before I even respond to your statement, I want you to prove your statement is valid on it's own merits first.
Can you do that?

Tell me how the right have 'traveled even further right'.
It should be fairly simple for you to lay out your reasoning so please explain.

- My argument would be that any increased solidarity with the right has come as a result of the lefts incessant march towards the left.

The rights stance is a 'reaction' to the lefts increasing irrationality, not a 'progressive movement' like the left itself is.

The right compromise and move slowly to the centre,
But the left ALWAYS pushes more and more to the left.

The result is that many fair-minded people have started to question this leftist globalist ideology, and are drawing a line in the sand.
Those who have been complacent are saying enough is enough.

These are the facts about Leftists and Liberalism.
http://youtu.be/tlIjMJBSnRE

I posted it yesterday or the day before, maybe you didn't get the memo.
Watch it again, or clean out your ears or something...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 30 September 2018 12:15:33 PM
If the point of politics is to win elections, then whats the end game, what's the bigger picture?
And why the bloody hell don't they teach our kids to look at the pro's and con's and then look at the bigger picture...
- But I digress.

Obviously if we have two opposing sides who's only objective is to win, then what the people get is and endless shitfight back and forth by with no real benefit to anyone.
You see if both sides had the people interests in mind, they'd be working together to figure out the best policies for all their citizens on their own merits.
- Like that's ever happened.

But democracy isn't going to work for those who don't believe in it and want to work as a cartel to tear it down and build something else.

"No fully left or right party can rule any more"

Hello anyone home? Answered your own question.
That's the aim, to polarise the nation into opposing camps and force a social revolution for the benefit of communism and global government.
- We're being steered towards something else.

What that means (End-Game - What you NEED to know) is that just like in Europe, Aussies wont decide their own laws anymore, and this has been happening incrementally for a long time now already.
And just like in China there will be total control over citizens, and if you step out of line you and your entire family will be sent to a gulag (Techincal name - Re-education Camp)
What do you think smart cities initiative and 5G is all about?
Total Spectral Dominance.

- Which is what you're supporting, through your ignorance.

What do you think UNESCO deciding our refugees and school curriculum amounts to?
We should join the EU they say...

You really need to stop living in the past Belly, (like Hawke and Whitlam still run the nation) break the conditioning, and see the modern world for what it is..
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 30 September 2018 12:44:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy