The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Senate after the next election

The Senate after the next election

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Hi there CANEM MALUM...

I'm pretty good, thank you for asking. You say you look forward to reading my contributions? Well if I was as gifted as you are, with your insight and interpretation of local and world affairs; I'd consider myself very privileged indeed.

Your take on the way the political landscape keeps shifting, much to the annoyance of the electorate, is so accurate. Traditional conservative values hitherto held by the LNP, have mysteriously slipped further to the Left. And Labour, the party dedicated too those of the Left, well I really don't know what's going on there? Thanks my friend.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 31 August 2018 1:40:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We each see things differently from each other, it is my view Labor now lives on the land the Liberal once owned,that the greens came about because even now, some Labor supporters did not agree with the party travelling to the right, conservatives, as seen in some cases by refugees from the Liberals, and one nation, in this country at least can not claim control of Liberalism,our senate houses minorities those minorities can only do deals/blackmail majority's, the chook pen has a lot to answer for
Posted by Belly, Friday, 31 August 2018 3:46:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Belly, what makes you think parties that score 30% or 35% of the vote are entitled to majority control of the Senate. All they have to do is convince 50% of the electorate to vote for them, is that to difficult?
Why aren't 50% voting Labor? There must be a reason.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 31 August 2018 4:11:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

Some people don't like Bill Shorten.

The man's still got to prove himself in the minds of
some voters. But then so does Scott Morrison.
It should be an interesting battle.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 31 August 2018 4:17:02 PM
Hi Foxy and Belly,

If Belly's recollection is still with him, he will recall I was not a big fan of Bill Shorten when he took over the leadership of Labor way back in 2013, we clashed on that issue several times. I though Shorten was rather shallow and indecisive, and didn't think he would last, and certainly didn't think he would make a good Prime Minister. I was wrong, in five years Shorten has played no small part in unifying the Labor Party in opposition, preparing them for government. The man has done a lot of hard work since becoming leader.
Comparing the Coalition and Labor, its chalk and cheese. a united party on one side in Labor, and a warring rabble in the form of the Coalition. Change cannot come quick enough.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 1 September 2018 5:14:42 AM
Foxy/Paul my earlier total support for Bill has been shave a bit from those days, his knifing of Rudd,and his seeming loss of the sheer brilliance he once had concerns me, however no other choice exists, Paul your question, both parties are the reason voters do not give them majority in the chook pen, however if one nation, not the greens held the balance of power Paul would see my point of view better that now
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 1 September 2018 9:03:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy