The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Super Saturday

Super Saturday

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 33
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. All
Dear Belly,

I fully understand.

Your allegiance to Labor is so ideologically attached
that I couldn't imagine you voting for anyone else.
It's why people like Shadow Minister and many
others are ready to
support the Coalition regardless.

I'm going to wait and see what the policies are and
compare, and then decide who to give my vote to.
Besides anything can happen between now and the election.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 21 July 2018 6:16:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

«and knowing small parties remain small because they can not win the support of most, my choice is Labor»

You can still preference Labor, but why not first give small parties a chance?

Small parties remain small because they have no funds to get the public to understand their platform. At least you can help them to get 4% of the primary votes, so candidates can get a refund for their out-of-pocket registration fees, thus be encouraged to run again next time.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 21 July 2018 10:48:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sydney papers again this morning have been all over these elections, this time next week all states news will be highlighting them. I noted the view of one poster that both sides are unworthy, and it glanced off without much effort, right now we seem to be looking for a movie star PM and seem unimpressed with our leaders, it could be said we ignore a truth, it is a team and policies we in the end support, too that our wants needs wishes, like followers of minor parties do not match what the nation wants,we all will be closely considering the results and how it impacts on politics in this country
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 July 2018 8:25:42 AM
After the by-elections, which of the successful candidates will have problems with Dual Citizenship?

The possibility lurks!!
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 22 July 2018 10:17:07 AM
Foxy promise you it is not like that in fact the party I see today needs to reform and I am its harshest critic but show me please show me, one someone with my wants and wishes could vote for, 14 percent, one nations preference in the longman by election,you will think it is over the walking ATM Hanson has preferenced her true party the LNP calling it now, she can not control her preferences and it will be a Labor win, narrow but win
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 July 2018 1:29:13 PM
Yuyutsu small parties remain small because voters do not want the policy they put up, no other reason, if we look, truly look, at say Italy and its huge number of governments post ww2, even the Greeks, we will see stability never comes via small interest groups, in another thread I repeatedly pointed to the state of our senate, and its ability to blackmail big parties and the majority of voters as a reason that house should be abolished, IF a true third force ever puts good policies to voters we may get a different government it will not come via minor parties in coalition
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 22 July 2018 4:50:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 33
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy