The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Diversity

Diversity

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Not now soon it is truth we would be condemned if we proposed separation as trying to install apartheid, separatism is a threat always, know it is getting a bit old but what about me? why should I like a third of my country men and women a nonbeliever change any thing to suit any faith? Diversity must not become a word that supports separatism *evolution an unavoidable truth*
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 8:39:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good on you, Toni :)

'Diversity' can take some weird forms, which can end up not really being diverse at all, only separatist.

The same with 'inclusion', which I always thought meant that everybody would be included, say in schools, doing much the same sorts of things - but it has been perverted to mean that schools would 'include' different groups by hiving off special class-rooms, courses and teachers to cater for their 'diversity' - in other words, a 'diversity' of monocultures, separate development (where have we heard that ghastly term before ? Oh yes, South Africa) of separate groups, but sort of roughly under the same administration, and maybe even mixing a bit with others.

And so Apartheid could be celebrated as 'diversity' and 'inclusion'. Now, that's perversion.

So diversity of what ? Of people pitching in together and doing the same sorts of things ? Or of different groups doing their own different things and having it all sanctioned by the state - funded by the state, as that half-wit Iftikhar wants. Genuine multiculturalism surely means that diverse people share - or come to share - similar values, notions of equality and fairness and rights and the rule of law. If those values are worthy of hanging onto, then they are worthy for whoever comes here. Of course, people will retain their own languages, dress, food, social relations, etc., but in the context of equal rights, etc.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 1:22:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I know Muslims who you could not tell are Muslims, I have breasted the bar in country hotels with youth born and bred Muslim,let me tell you those blokes adopted our culture in every way, mum and dad they warned must never know! so but me no buts not every Muslim is a problem, but as a youth I would on my way to work, try to get a seat waay down the back of the bus, see a Christian fanatic, unwanted and unasked would loudly inform us we had a ticket on the bus to hell, it was, a hell of his making, our author is known to push his bent and rusty pram if we want it or not,plenty of room up the back folks spare ear plugs too
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 3:57:39 PM
Iftikhar,
West must learn to respect and tolerate those who are different.
What & your people don't have to respect others ? Are you unwell ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 6:46:55 PM
We must?the way most see it PC has informed us of much we must do and we Australians have ways of telling the PC brigade what to do with that thought, at the heart of the needless fear building in the west is this, please consider! *we are told we must do this and that, while many Muslims are telling us they will do nothing to help acceptance*
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 July 2018 7:19:32 AM
To Belly.

Your last post to me has me a bit confused on your meaning at the end. What do you mean by <*evolution an unavoidable truth*>. Or more or less, what do you mean by it in this conversation? It doesn't seem to be part of the context of separatism or diversity.

You asked why you or anyone else who are nonbelievers should change anything in order to suit a faith. My most simple answer would be to be kind. It is the same charge to give myself about nonbelievers and to other faiths. Why would I or any other person who was Christian change anything in order to suit a different faith, or support a nonbeliever? Because it is a kind thing to offer another person.

My comments to Iftikhar weren't to completely support separatism from society or completely support diversity. There are benefits to both a bit of distance from "problems of society," as well as benefits to a diversity that creates a kind of melting pot of culture. But both of those concepts are different things, and are not diversity. With that in mind I agree with you that diversity should not become a word that means separatism.

(Continued)
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Thursday, 19 July 2018 6:17:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12