The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Diversity

Diversity

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
God has created diverse human beings to live in this tiny global village of one family. Creation by its very nature is diverse with different species, different communities, different cultures and languages. These differences represent the beauty and wonder but diversity is sometimes not fully appreciated, resulting in all sorts of clashes.

A civilisation is measured not by the rights it grants its majority but the privileges it allows its minorities. Muslim families are as entitled as any other religious group to schools that nurture their children's faith. Muslim pupils should be educated in Muslim schools because the current system is marginalising them. Teaching Muslim children in a Muslim school would remove the "problem of them being exposed" to values that conflict with Islamic faith. Muslim pupils are disadvantaged and marginalised in the city's state schools because the cultural heritage of the curriculum is "European and Christian".

Multiculturalism is not about integration but about cultural plurality. It is not about separation but about respect and the deepening awareness of Unity in Diversity. Each culture will maintain its own intrinsic value and at the same time would be expected to contribute to the benefit of the whole society. Multiculturalism can accommodate diversity of all kinds – cultural, philosophical and religious – so that we can create a world without conflict and strife. Britain can assume the role of accommodation and concern for all peoples, for our planet and indeed for our survival. Multi-Culturalism is even more important and crucial after 9/11 and 7/7. Muslim youths are also likely to feel alienated by a focus on shared Brutishness, rather than multicultural diversity. Rather than promoting a single British “us” teaching should acknowledge that “us” can be diverse and plural. Children should be encouraged to explore differences in appearance, history and religion to reduce social and educational fears.

Muslim community in all western countries need Masajid, state funded Muslim schools, Halal meat, sharia laws, time off for Friday afternoon prayers in the Masjid, two religious holidays per year and Muslim cemeteries. West must learn to respect and tolerate those who are different.
http://www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
Posted by Iftikhar, Monday, 16 July 2018 9:02:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How are things in London this morning? are you able to pull a crowd or is that why you come here? yes in the perfect world I once longed for I thought I could only find it in God, every word I consumed told me that was both the best and only path to one humanity, my God while you would say was a Prophet, was not your God.What do we do with the dozens of other Gods, think the number men have worshiped is well over two thousand? are their followers to be loved? are they part of humanity? are those like me, who admire true followers of all Gods who truly love others, but no longer follow a God are we to be loved? or despised? do I have the right to live as I wish? is life only about worshipping our God or are we free to worship no one? is there life without God?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 8:15:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Muslim pupils should be educated in Muslim schools because the current system is marginalising them.//

Bollocks. The wider world outside of schools is multi-faith. Schools should reflect that.

//Teaching Muslim children in a Muslim school would remove the "problem of them being exposed" to values that conflict with Islamic faith.//

People being exposed to new ideas is not a problem. People like you who promote wilful ignorance as some sort of virtue are the problem.

//Muslim pupils are disadvantaged and marginalised in the city's state schools because the cultural heritage of the curriculum is "European and Christian".//

By that logic, Asian students should be disadvantaged for the same reason. But from what I've seen, they do just fine academically. Why aren't they disadvantaged by the cultural heritage of the curriculum?

//Muslim community in all western countries need Masajid//

Fine.

//state funded Muslim schools//

No, bugger off. If you want private religious schools, you fund them privately.

//Halal meat//

Fine.

//sharia laws//

Go f%^k yourself. The law of the land should apply equally to all citizens. You don't get to have your own laws just because you believe in a particular God. It would lead to chaos.

//time off for Friday afternoon prayers in the Masjid//

If it's unpaid time off, fine.

//two religious holidays per year//

Does everybody else get these public holidays as well? Because if not, piss off. Why should you get more holidays than the rest of us?

//Muslim cemeteries//

There's little enough room for grave plots as it is. Just get cremated. Or donate your body to science - they'll appreciate it more than you once you're dead.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 8:41:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony Lavis: Well said and good job!! I was going to reply to this but you've jumped in first and have it covered.
Posted by thinkabit, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 9:09:44 AM
I really can't be bothered with peanut and his Islamic lies and delusions.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 10:18:45 AM
Hi there IFTIKHAR...

Welcome to our Forum, I don't believe I've seen your epithet before? Anyway, all I wanted to say to you; when Muslim's put away their guns and explosives, and their terrorist methods, maybe you might find more acceptance within Western Society. A Society you're obviously very fond of, more so than your own, by the level of welfare, you and your kind regularly enjoy at the (reluctant) bidding of the ordinary Aussie taxpayer.

A word of caution too my friend; as a retired police officer with many years of service, radical Islam might just take some pause, and re-think their terrorist agenda against the West. Further, Australia, is predominately a Christian country, and shall endue - just as long as the practitioner's of those many divergent Christian faiths wish it to remain so.

There's rapidly coming a time, when the already sorely tested patience of the West, will ultimately become exhausted. and when that comes to pass, radical Muslim's will be utterly obliterated for all time.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 11:01:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy