The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gun Ownership and Violent Behaviour

Gun Ownership and Violent Behaviour

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. All
Paul,

You don’t want to believe it, so you bring out the Nazi card as though it is my fault that one of the Gross Greens you support is sleazy. I don’t suppose your feminist girlfriends will be criticising Bandt either
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 2 July 2018 1:09:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nor will you be criticising Ms Hanson?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 2 July 2018 1:13:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

Your right to have a gun does not out strip my right
not to be shot by one.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 2 July 2018 2:25:46 PM
Foxy,

"I'll take my chances with being able to avoid road
accidents any day of the week as opposed to fending
off a gun-toting individual."

That's not what you said.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 2 July 2018 2:59:08 PM
Australia's road deaths per 100.000 population were 4.98 for last year and our total firearms-related death rate was 1.04.

Something drastic needs to be done about car owners.

Then there is the Medical Profession and related matters.

"The age-standardised avoidable death rate in Australia was 108.0 per 100,000 persons. The capital city areas that recorded the highest age-standardised avoidable death rates were Greater Darwin and Greater Hobart (150.7 and 120.8 per 100,000 persons, respectively). The capital cities with the lowest age-standardised avoidable death rate were the Australian Capital Territory, Greater Melbourne and Greater Sydney (82.8, 91.0 and 91.2 per 100,000 persons, respectively). Of all rest of state regions, 'Rest of Northern Territory' recorded the highest avoidable death rate (344.3 per 100,000 persons), which was 3.2 times higher than the rate for Australia as a whole. All ‘rest of state/territory’ regions reported avoidable mortality deaths rates that were higher than the rate for Australia."

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/3303.0~2014~Main%20Features~Potentially%20Avoidable%20Mortality%20~10043

Get your worrying caps on!!
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 2 July 2018 3:15:32 PM
Is Mise,

You tell me what I said.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 2 July 2018 3:15:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. All