The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gun Ownership and Violent Behaviour

Gun Ownership and Violent Behaviour

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. All
Don't tell me to grow up, you are the sick joke who is comfortable with the system. As long as you can play with your "big boys toys", you have never grown up, you have scant regard for the consequences. Your comments are mostly ignorant nonsense trying to deflect. Two children's lives means nothing to you, as long as you can act the big kid and shoot something.

How about we start by disarming all the unnecessary gun owners, and fruit loops like yourself. You have no valid reason to have possession of a gun.

//As I said to OSW, the issuance of a Commissioner's Permit would indicate to club officials that the Commissioner knew more about Edwards than they did and that to grant him membership was OK.// A lie you are making up to suit your argument, provide the evidence!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 July 2018 8:25:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//There would be a lot wrong with a system that allowed a murderer to obtain a gun licence, but we have seen no evidence of that.//

Two more dead kids isn't sufficient evidence for you sickos?

Just how many children do you demand as blood sacrifices in the name of 'evidence'?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 15 July 2018 8:37:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni, please remember for some its seen as things falling through the cracks. Also according to these guys Edwards was okay, had dosh, business owner, knew the right people etc, there kinda guy. This Commissioners Permit, and according to them its not the Commissioner its a toady of his. You don't even have to know the PC himself, just his toady will do, and you're in.
Not only do the wallies at St Mary's Dumb Club jump when the Commissioner so orders, they also jump when his toady barks at them. They must do a lot of jumping.

BTW, in April 2017 one of the funsters at this same gun club shot himself dead inside the premises. What a fun club! Sure beats the RSL for excitement. Although we did have an old digger pass away in the toilets recently, a sad end for a decent old bloke.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 15 July 2018 9:57:39 PM
Toni,

When Edwards obtained a licence he was not a murderer.

Paul,

OK, so issuing Edwards with a Commissioner's permit would not indicate that he knew more than the club officials; got any evidence for that?
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 16 July 2018 9:36:29 AM
Hi there Toni & PAUL1405...

Nobody laments more, the loss of these two innocent teenagers, then the attending police. I include myself in that statement having attended many murder/suicide scenes. When you get that call over the (police) car radio, requesting for the nearest (mobile) detectives car, to attend a possible shooting, you know damn well, you're going to be in for a powerfully poignant time. Not only at the scene of the crime; but advising the NOK; and if you're the 'Case Officer' the autopsy, at the morgue; and later on, the Coronial Inquiry.

Other than a few psychopaths I've known, sudden death affect's people in different ways, the most common is; incredulity and denial. One thing is always apparent; arrant shock. So when you Paul, with your, contemptuous and caustic tongue, make light of what the police have done or haven't done, in this very sad issue, I find particularly insulting.

It's as insulting as when I previously described you as a draft dodger, and a coward; over your actions during the Vietnam War. For which I've apologised, having recognised you're a legitimate pacifists.

Toni, none of us have garnered any joy from these dreadful deaths - all THREE of them. If I had the power, I'd be looking through ever single word, in every page, in every single transcript, that arose out of the plaint: 'Edwards v Edwards' listed in the Family Court.

I can't say positively - but if we look closely enough, we might just find the reason(s) 'WHY' this tragedy happened buried deep within the archives of the Family Law Court.

There's no doubt, one or two police are culpable herein. Those who issued the Commissioners Permit. Do we blame the entire police force for this tragic event, of course not.

Paul, instead of launching into some ferocious attack on all police - why not offer suggestions for better methods to licence shooters, in order to avoid where possible, crimes such as this from occurring again.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 16 July 2018 11:18:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Do we blame the entire police force for this tragic event, of course not.// agree unquestionably.

Nor do I blame the Family Court, which is tasked with a most arduous undertaking dealing with family breakup and all the nasty ramifications that go with it, particularly where children are involved.

I was a bit emotive when I read your comment "Like anything, it's not foolproof, and when cracks occur, occasionally things just happen to fall through those cracks."

It most likely sounded worse than you intended. I don't believe you are some uncaring oaf at all, just the opposite. If it was in reference to the system used to determine handicaps at the local golf club, I'd take it as, well that's okay, but when it involves the lives of two innocent children I just can't cop it, sorry for the pun. I even feel sorry for John Edwards, what a poor tormented soul he must have been, I can't begin to imagine the last 24 hours of torment in that mans life.

The system has to be FOOLPROOF, the consequences otherwise are just too serious to accept anything less.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 3:41:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. All