The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your view for one to worship humans?

What is your view for one to worship humans?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 26
  13. 27
  14. 28
  15. All
To the tune of the jazz standard:

Six feet two, eyes of blue,
Jesus Christ, he was a Jew.
Has anybody seen my lord?

Prominent Nose, there he goes
Preaching so that every knows

Speared in the abdomen
By a Roman,
Blood gushing out

Rose from the dead
So it is said.
People believe without a doubt

Jesus died still a Jew
Still a Jew, so why aren't you

Many people called Christians somehow manage to worship a dead Jew while ignoring his religion. Go figure.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 28 June 2018 3:03:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

But we shouldn't judge?

So you do listen to what I've been telling you.

Awesome.

Shame you don't act on it though.

Because you should remember - one can't proclaim
the Gospel of Jesus - without
the tangible witness of one's life.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 June 2018 3:43:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
davidf maybe we should have a like button as that other place has? liked your contribution and have a large stack I could contribute but will not bother two things come to mind, I once said *if you fall over it will be a Christian/or person of faith* that helps you get up, not sure that is the case in Trumps America, the second is *if such as runner are not entitled to their opinion, are we entitled to ours*?
Quite sure however runners opinion of me has entitled me to mine of his contributions here
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 28 June 2018 4:12:46 PM
One may have a sincere faith. One may be convinced of the truth of that faith. One may sacrifice and die in furtherance of that sincere faith. One may kill for that faith. However, the faith may be absolute rubbish. The sincerity, sacrifice and death may be wasted in pursuit of that rubbish.

Dear runner,

Do you sincerely believe that if your mother and father had been Muslims you would have awakened one morning and said, "Oops! I got the wrong God."
Posted by david f, Thursday, 28 June 2018 6:08:12 PM
david f,
Christians and Muslims worship the same God, despite having very different ideas about what He wants. Therefore your question to runner should have been:

Do you sincerely believe that if your mother and father had been Muslims you would have awakened one morning and said, "Oops! I got the wrong prophet."?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Jayb,
Where did you get the absurd idea that Paul (or Saul as he was before becoming a Christian) was a gentile?
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 28 June 2018 7:04:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Davidf If my mother followed a prophet that had Mohammed track record I would leave at the first opportunity. I left the Catholic church despite my mother praying to Mary. Many have left Islam putting their own lives at risk. I would like to think I would also the courage. So what is the point of your question. Aiden you push the lie that Christians and Moslems worship the same God. Ask any Muslim if they worship the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ or the God of Israel and your false dogma is exposed.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 28 June 2018 7:58:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 26