The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your view for one to worship humans?

What is your view for one to worship humans?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. All
Donald Trump is beloved by his diehard fans in the United States, but one man has taken his devotion to the president to a strange new place - and he lives 13,000km away on a different continent.

Indian man Bussa Krishna has spent the past three years worshipping Trump as a God, carrying around a picture of the president and praying to him several times a day.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/06/27/11/20/indian-man-worships-donald-trump-as-god-bussa-krishna?ref=BP_RSS_ninenews_0_indian-man-worships-us-president-donald-trump-as-a-god_270618

What is your view for one to worship humans?
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 2:36:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is not my intention to hurt any ones feelings but as an ex born again ,very much full on, I think recent history shows faith in any group or leader tends to blind us faith its self,every one of them, has shown more damage has been done than good, we should form opinions after a leader has shown some thing to like, not before
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 4:02:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NathanJ.,

People worship different things in various parts of
the world. They take a multitude of forms. People
may worship gods, ancestors, totems, saints, and so on.
They may practice solitary meditation, frenzied rituals,
or solemn prayer. The great variety of behaviour makes it
very difficult to say exactly what "religion" is.

We're more familiar with the ethnocentric Judeo-Christian
ideas about religion. These ideas are based on a number
of central beliefs: that there exists one supreme being
or God: that God created the universe and all life and takes
a continuing interest in the creation, that there is a life
hereafter; and that our moral behaviour in this life
influences our fate in the next. In cross-cultural terms,
however, this particular combination of beliefs is unusual.
Many religions do not recognise a supreme being, and a
number do not believe in gods at all.

Several religions ignore questions about the origins of the
universe and life, leaving these problems to be dealt with
instead by non-religious myth. Many religions assume that the
gods take little interest in human affairs. Some have almost
nothing to say about life after death, and many - perhaps
most - do not link our earthly morality with our fate beyond
the grave.

Obviously, religion cannot be defined in terms of Western
religious tradition alone.

Therefore this person in India who has chosen to worship
US President Donald Trump - should not come as a surprise
to us. There are quite a few groups who believe in worshipping
saints for example - there's even religious orders that have been
set up as a result of doing this. However, in the case of the
US President - this just may have only a following of one.
But who knows - with enough publicity - the man just may get
to meet his "god" one day.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 4:11:07 PM
to worship the created whether it be Trump, Clinton, Madonna, nature, animals or oneself is obviously idolatry. The Creator is the only One we should worship. The bible clearly reveals who our Creator is.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 4:16:34 PM
As Foxy mentioned, such worship needs to be understood in its cultural context.

Bussa Krishna is a Hindu and Hinduism recognises that while God is one, no human mind can encompass His(/Her/Its) Reality and so it is better (usually up until a very advanced spiritual stage) to use some image of one's most personally-beloved deity for focusing effectively on God in the meanwhile. Hinduism understands that God is neither a deity, nor human nor an animal, etc., so the image only REPRESENTS God for its worshipper.

This seems to be what Bussa Krishna is doing.

Why Trump? I really don't know, but if this is not a pretence, if this is truly Bussa's most inspiring and desirable representing-form of God ("Ishta-Deva"), then why not?

---

When I was young and immature, I heard rumours that the Beatles are God. I also heard other rumours that they tell people to take drugs.

Combining the two pieces of information, I became afraid: What if the Beatles tell me to take drugs - no one can refuse God...

So my conclusion and decision was: well, the Beatles live in England, so I should never go to England, then they won't catch me and tell me to take drugs!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 4:48:22 PM
runner,

What about those who are not Christians?
The Bible has not meaning for them.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 5:54:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 26
  8. 27
  9. 28
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy