The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is your view for one to worship humans?

What is your view for one to worship humans?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24
  13. ...
  14. 26
  15. 27
  16. 28
  17. All
Belly,

<<I would never tell God any thing, however I would ask these things, why God did you let so many other Gods exist?>>

He has already given the answer to this question in Scripture:

According to Genesis 2, the Lord God commanded Adam, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die”. What did Adam (& Eve) do? They disobeyed God and sin entered the human race.
This human sin gave all people the opportunity to worship other gods. Even the chosen nation of the Israelites practised idolatry: Exodus 32 tells how Aaron made an idol, golden calf for the people to worship while Moses was on the mountain.These Israelites became stubborn and rebellious when they chose to turn away from the Lord God to worship an idol.

<<if the people of your birth the Jewish faith are your chosen people are there any of us who are the opposite?>>

I'm an Aussie, a non-Jew, a Gentile. When the Gospel was proclaimed after Jesus' death and resurrection, it went first to the Jews (Jesus and the apostle Paul were Jews) - Acts 3:26 - and then to the non-Jews (Acts19:8-10).

<< are all humans equal or are some here only to give us some one to hate?>>

With the coming of Jesus, barriers of inequality were broken down: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28).

There is this further biblical emphasis to confirm equality between Jews and non-Jews (Gentiles): "For he himself [Jesus Christ] is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility" (Ephesians 2:14).

The challenge for us as Christians is living out what Scripture teaches we ought to be in practising equality.

'Equality' has adopted another meaning in the contemporary, politically correct debate.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 5 July 2018 2:03:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear OzSpen,

Not everyone believes that what is written in the Bible
is the literal word of God. After all The Bible was
written by men and it's their interpretations that are
recorded. Therefore can you really claim that it is
what God stated? Isn't it just what you happen to believe?
Therefore you are not in any position to preach to any one
else. You are merely preaching your interpretations and
beliefs. Other people have their own and don't need you
to educate them.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 5 July 2018 2:15:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oz Spen please know once I was just as committed as you seem to be, I was wrong, in real life I would walk quickly away from you, long for the day humanity will no longer hate kill murder followers of another God in their Gods name
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 5 July 2018 5:01:31 PM
Nice try, Foxy! Not one line of your response had anything to do with the content of what I wrote.

So, you committed a red herring logical fallacy. It is faulty reasoning because you attempted to redirect my argument to your doubting Thomas views about the Bible, God and interpretation. This is a deliberate diversion from my topic.

When you engage in the use of a logical fallacy, this flaw in reasoning undermines the validity of your arguments. It makes it impossible to have a productive conversation.

I could provide an answer to all of your questions and assertions, but that wouldn't address the content of my post, to which you replied.

You have given me a few of your anti-Bible presuppositions in your post. Why don't you use a few of these in an article for Online Opinion? Slam dunk God, the Bible and interpretation.

Then we can have a discussion that is related to your topic.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 5 July 2018 5:29:03 PM
Belly,

<<oz Spen please know once I was just as committed as you seem to be, I was wrong, in real life I would walk quickly away from you, long for the day humanity will no longer hate kill murder followers of another God in their Gods name>>

Are you accusing me of having this world and life view to hate, kill and murder followers of another god, all in the name of the Lord God Almighty, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit?

What motivates you to write this in response to my post?
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 5 July 2018 5:39:03 PM
OxSpen,

On the contrary - it was you were gave the Bible references.
I merely stated what many theologians have stated. And yet
you took that as an attack of some sort on the Bible. It
wasn't at all and what I personally believe or do not
believe you have no way of knowing therefore your assumptions
are not correct. But I agree that a rational, well reasoned
intelligent discussion with you it seems would be pointless.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 5 July 2018 6:15:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. 24