The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gonski Report review nu. 2, Reforms Announcement.

Gonski Report review nu. 2, Reforms Announcement.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Fictional story series Young Sheldon, Sheldon’s mother home schooled Sheldon. Sheldon only attended school due to Sheldon’s mother reached her limit to what she could teach, that Shelton needed formal education to get Sheldon into college.

To those whom are watching Young Sheldon series, hearing college student sexual abuse stories and college student excessive sports enthusiasm, Sheldon doesn’t need to go to college, college needs to go to Sheldon.

In reality, could a young Sheldon’s logical behaviour knowledge culture exist? I say yes, providing correct reading material was freely available and that as young Sheldon’s mother is sensing Sheldon emotional modes, never using knowledge to punish the pleasures of discovery… realistic “Young” Sheldon behaviours are more than possible.

Where The Big Bang Theory grown up Sheldon lacks ability to recognise humour and sarcasm… audience background laughter heard in supposed television comedy series, laugh at almost everything being said, Stephen Corbert show, audiences are applauding everything even when there exists no reason for applause.

Stage comedians are laughed at by audiences due to audiences need for medicating trauma fun experience distractions, my seasoning, due to youthful school education traumas.

And to Foxy's desires for me to read posted attachment... the last heading paragraph indicated concerns towards student mental health as though concerns were the last item on discussion.
The entire attachment reading is little more than the usual establishment journalist vague concerns, lacking defined criticising arguments.

steve101
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 3 May 2018 11:58:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gonski 2.0 on top of the ridiculous Gonski 1.0 is madness. See Kevin Donnelly's take on it in Quadrant Online. He's the man government should be consulting, not Gonski.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 3 May 2018 12:34:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Steve,

The link that I cited earlier I gave specifically because
it dealt with the bigger problems in our classrooms than
Gonski.

It stressed that the PM's plans to increase
Commonwealth funding to schools over the next 10 years
was not enough. That the problems in education are not
solely related to funding.

The author writes as a "recovering"
teacher and emphasised the fact that student well being should
be central to education discussions. She wrote about teachers
leaving the profession in droves and spoke about teacher burn out.
I would have though that these topics were relevant to the
discussion we were trying to have here.

Never mind. I wish you success in finding ways to fix the system.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 May 2018 2:44:50 PM
Try a bit of corporal punishment.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 3 May 2018 3:41:39 PM
thanks for the interesting information
Posted by Lore, Thursday, 3 May 2018 10:03:23 PM
Summary of Gonski 2.0:

Based on unproven concepts. Like 1.0, it's just another costly experiment.
The teachers expected to make it work are themselves products of our dumbed-down system.
Entry requirements for teacher training are the lowest there are.
These dumb teachers are expected to design 'individual’ programs for students.
Dumb students will 'work at their own pace’, and learn what they feel like learning!
Year 12 is now the equivalent of the Year 9 when teachers and pupils were much smarter.
Just turning up for the Year 12 'exam’ will ensure a pass.
There is no competitive pressure necessary for success in life and work.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 4 May 2018 1:23:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy