The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gonski Report review nu. 2, Reforms Announcement.

Gonski Report review nu. 2, Reforms Announcement.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
April 30, Gonski report media announcement public relations exercise I speculate are to:

Quieten many student parents’ complaints to why their children are acting child-like grumpy, dysfunctional, having poor basic academic skills;

Malcolm Turnbull gets his smiling face on news media, Malcolm seen sticking whatever onto paper, sitting in the company of young children, which if Turnbull wasn’t a politician/teacher/parent, such behaviour could be called ‘inappropriately stalking children’.

Same day ABC’s The Drum commented Gonski announcement has no detail, criticising buzz word headings, without increased funding for increased teachers. 5-star 14 minute talk.

I speculate individual student teaching is similar to President Barack Obama’s “no child left behind”, teachers forcing traumatised by earlier schooling and poor parenting cognitive memory repressing children to process same classroom tasks which left incapable of simplest complex thought children to memorise punishing/repressing learning tasks, further increasing mental stress, increasing OCD memory repressing, teachers ignoring all psychological disorder warnings, setting up children for a life of OCD addictions: drugs; gambling; dysfunction mental illnesses; mental depression.

United States presently suffering from stated Opioid Crisis, 2010 Obama crackdown on teachers performance, years later media fails to investigate whether opioid addictions are predominately caused by a need to medicate forced school academic learning.

I suggest that no known medical study supports my accusations that school education predominately causes listed mental illness issues, no commonly known studies have been commissioned to investigate mental stress in children and teenagers, that mere citizenry faith in government guided schooling and citizenry: sports loving; believing what people are told by media; inability to doubt other than the obvious, school lesson comprehension memorising compressed down by students to short statements needed for examinations; media’s criteria programming comic character intellect, inability to care about real knowledge ignorance, prevents people from realising and/or wanting to realise school classroom mental stressing conditioning persuades children to be overly concerned about how they feel about comprehending and memorising the simplest complex information.

As schools try to challenge children to understand curriculum criteria within limited time frames, cognitive memory learning is being repetitively punished, exhausting childhood learning incentives.
Posted by steve101, Wednesday, 2 May 2018 1:14:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The following link is worth a read:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-04/teachers-know-bigger-problem-classroom-gonski/8495584

It deals with many problems that schools and teachers face.
"Without doubt more money is needed in education. But a
more intelligent conversation about our entire education system
is also needed."

"Until our youngest members of society feel mentally well and
capable within themselves, we will not see progress in the
classroom."
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 2 May 2018 7:37:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Student angry judgemental memories are being associated with not wanting to remember, not wanting to care, many children heard saying “I don’t care”.

My anecdotal statement of a television program story, forgetting which program, run a visual demonstration on how office workers could not function proficiently while experiencing constant noisy interruptions within office environments. Comparing intentional introduced noises with quiet no interruptions, myself adding environments having no visual movement awareness. Media story resulting statements indicated noisy interrupting environments significantly reduced office efficiency.

Human self-awareness to plan step by step carrying out tasks, interruptions and noise reduces short term conscious awareness memory retention, breaking up long term memory retention, further adding to OCD conditioning behaviours, prime time media’s quick shifting around images and short one line statements.
Any stressful awareness persuades Neanderthal emotional decision making to cause a relief from mild mental stress awareness, needing instant OCD distractions during office hours and/or learnt during experiencing classroom culture environments. Spare moments can lead to self-medication short periods of day dreaming, human behaviours constantly pulling day dreaming and fun distractions awareness back onto work tasks... exampling a television program entitled “The Office”.

Children’s emotional stability and awareness of complex ideas should be a first priority rather than focussing all cognitive learning attentions on: reading; spelling; writing; and maths.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 3 May 2018 11:16:28 AM
Dear Steve,

Perhaps we could take an example from Finland.
To them children do matter. Read the link I gave you.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 May 2018 11:20:41 AM
Malcolm Turnbull’s April 30 tax cut promotion financed by federal government’s increased economic growth. Increased tax receipts are due to excessive GDP ratio private debt, banks lending to borrowers whom are buying inflated real estate auction priced property, development building industry and real estate commissions, conveyance industry, compared to non property industry interests personal wage income taxes. Government tax revenues finance government expenditure on non building industry low growth wages and low growth social security payments. Normal balance between private personal debt to wage earnings are out of balance, giving governments increasing tax revenue to low expenditure ratio.

When banks reduce lending, property growth interests will decline, reducing federal and state government revenues.

Government curriculum’s educated people are too self-medicating distracted to think such ideas, most citizenry merely waiting to be told what to think, what to believe, yet in most scary worrying instances, nothing happens.

If by chance my above theory doesn’t happen, as capitalist theory could believe, governments merely invent no obligation bank credits to replace lost tax revenues and/or borrow private interest bank credits running government budget deficits, Keynesian theory.

Media predictions of futuristic information robot economies replacing manual labours and motor vehicle transport career drivers, encouraging higher education, youthful pursuit of higher education leads/forces students into being dumbed down by school education’s mental stress punishments.

I speculate political systems planned policies are desiring more zombie intelligence truck driver skills rather than real intelligent citizenry whom are easy to learn complex skills, desiring believing market forces excuses dumber work force employees: building more property development and transporting more goods competition. School education provides traumatised incapable of simple complex thought human labour.

Building industries boom bust periods, bust periods ‘part time work’ reduce earning incomes, keeping working class poor, yet not poor enough to join unemployment cues.

Holding teenagers in schools and universities; apprenticeships for limited simple tasks, delays adult earning wages which finances early young aged family couples, having many more children compared to having children later in life, practised in third world countries. Also delays wealth accumulation after 30 year mortgage loans are paid out.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 3 May 2018 11:22:50 AM
Young adults spending many years being unemployed and/or under employed may be intentionally being held by establishment to delay potential couples’ first child family planning. Encouraging young adults to pursue university courses for no real learning skilful benefit.

If teenagers spent fewer years in state government funded schools and young adults spent fewer years in universities learning broad base learning, employed teenagers and young adults could add extra GDP to economies rather than increasing immigration to aid increasing GDP, recently stated by Malcolm Turnbull that increasing immigration increases GDP, my many years ago heard GDP expressed interpretation as Gross Deceptive Product.

Present day banking inquiry indicates a failed school classroom culture: cutting corners; competitions winning at any cost; whom can own the biggest, prestigious house; incompetent management skills, incapable of doing their job. Prestigious broad meaning sentences heard out of the mouths of CEOs and politicians, in sufficient time have in most instances, nothing changes, nothing happens.

If readers choose to read more of my earlier similar argument readings:
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/user.asp?id=68644

……
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 3 May 2018 11:33:54 AM
Fictional story series Young Sheldon, Sheldon’s mother home schooled Sheldon. Sheldon only attended school due to Sheldon’s mother reached her limit to what she could teach, that Shelton needed formal education to get Sheldon into college.

To those whom are watching Young Sheldon series, hearing college student sexual abuse stories and college student excessive sports enthusiasm, Sheldon doesn’t need to go to college, college needs to go to Sheldon.

In reality, could a young Sheldon’s logical behaviour knowledge culture exist? I say yes, providing correct reading material was freely available and that as young Sheldon’s mother is sensing Sheldon emotional modes, never using knowledge to punish the pleasures of discovery… realistic “Young” Sheldon behaviours are more than possible.

Where The Big Bang Theory grown up Sheldon lacks ability to recognise humour and sarcasm… audience background laughter heard in supposed television comedy series, laugh at almost everything being said, Stephen Corbert show, audiences are applauding everything even when there exists no reason for applause.

Stage comedians are laughed at by audiences due to audiences need for medicating trauma fun experience distractions, my seasoning, due to youthful school education traumas.

And to Foxy's desires for me to read posted attachment... the last heading paragraph indicated concerns towards student mental health as though concerns were the last item on discussion.
The entire attachment reading is little more than the usual establishment journalist vague concerns, lacking defined criticising arguments.

steve101
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 3 May 2018 11:58:33 AM
Gonski 2.0 on top of the ridiculous Gonski 1.0 is madness. See Kevin Donnelly's take on it in Quadrant Online. He's the man government should be consulting, not Gonski.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 3 May 2018 12:34:49 PM
Dear Steve,

The link that I cited earlier I gave specifically because
it dealt with the bigger problems in our classrooms than
Gonski.

It stressed that the PM's plans to increase
Commonwealth funding to schools over the next 10 years
was not enough. That the problems in education are not
solely related to funding.

The author writes as a "recovering"
teacher and emphasised the fact that student well being should
be central to education discussions. She wrote about teachers
leaving the profession in droves and spoke about teacher burn out.
I would have though that these topics were relevant to the
discussion we were trying to have here.

Never mind. I wish you success in finding ways to fix the system.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 3 May 2018 2:44:50 PM
Try a bit of corporal punishment.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 3 May 2018 3:41:39 PM
thanks for the interesting information
Posted by Lore, Thursday, 3 May 2018 10:03:23 PM
Summary of Gonski 2.0:

Based on unproven concepts. Like 1.0, it's just another costly experiment.
The teachers expected to make it work are themselves products of our dumbed-down system.
Entry requirements for teacher training are the lowest there are.
These dumb teachers are expected to design 'individual’ programs for students.
Dumb students will 'work at their own pace’, and learn what they feel like learning!
Year 12 is now the equivalent of the Year 9 when teachers and pupils were much smarter.
Just turning up for the Year 12 'exam’ will ensure a pass.
There is no competitive pressure necessary for success in life and work.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 4 May 2018 1:23:08 PM
So true ttbn.

A friend of ours, a biology teacher gave up on the state system, when asked to teach senior math C. He complained he could not even do it himself, & was told to "muddle through".

He is now doing remedial math courses for TAFE students. He points out that 30 years ago kids from junior high school, with intermediate level Math & English could successfully complete the electrician apprenticeship.

It has got so bad that kids with year 12 certificates stating they were "high Achiever" in math B & C require remedial training to handle the same apprenticeship Math & even English.

Am I the only one who has noticed it is since the women's libbers got control of the curriculum that this has happened.

I was talking to a couple of young ladies from water resources section of the dept. of Environment the other day. Both proud B Sc. [Bachelor o Science] graduates with environmental science degrees. Neither could understand or do the junior high math required to evaluate water flow in a river, without pulling out a lap top with a program to tap the figures into.

Obviously they did not understand what the result meant, but they had something to stick in their report.

God help us.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 4 May 2018 1:54:44 PM
Hasbeen,

Back in the late 1970s when I was doing an Arts degree at Sydney Uni (part-time and for fun) they were running a remedial English course for first-year students.

I was doing a bit of tutoring and remember one student who submitted an essay written in pencil on brown paper, he found it hard to understand why he had to write it again on normal paper!

Another's writing was so bad that the lecturer had to get him to read it so that it could be marked.
A couple of us took the writer in hand and by the end of first year we had him writing a quite legible script, he told us that his school had never encouraged him to write clearly.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 6 May 2018 9:40:20 AM
So Is Mise the rot had already set in by the mid 70s. I guess I should have realised it was the rat bag years of Whitlam that caused it, with his free university for any who wanted to go, rather than student selection by ability & proven results before that.

School back then could still be fun. When our intermediate history papers were given to us after marking, mine was marked to 49.5%, a pass. It must have taken quite some effort to mark just three & a half questions to get that figure. Across the paper, in red ink was written, "if you want more marks, come back & decipher the rest of this muck next year".

That history teacher, a pathfinder pilot in WW11, was also the school football team coach, & knew I was writing with my hand in plaster from a football injury. Teachers like that you could have fun with were great.

Incidentally, in a country high school of 360 pupils, only 32 [16 boys] were doing 4Th & 5th year. There were only 10 of us in 5Th year. If you weren't planning on going to university or teachers college, you left school at 15, & got a job. Of course, most kids at 15, in the 1950s had more math & English than senior school kids today, & had no trouble with an apprentice.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 6 May 2018 11:52:41 AM
Our kids got a much better education in the 50s & 60s than they do today.

Perhaps the answer is not more money, but a return to the curriculum, teaching methods, & class sizes of the 50s would show better results.

Of course the Womens libbers who currently control the dumbing down of the solid subjects, to allow girls to handle them would scream their heads off, but it is what is needed, not more fluff & bubble.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 6 May 2018 12:11:42 PM
Motor vehicle, increased premium, high insurance risk, under aged 25 years being influenced by teenager culture behaviours: drunken; larrikin; poor employment skills; gambling; drug addictions… Violent movies and violent video games somewhat blamed for US violent school shooting behaviours, competitive school environment students child minding each other embarrassing and bullying each other; adult guidance predominately devoted to forcing school curriculum learning onto teenagers’ awareness, teenagers programming subconscious emotionally wanting to avoided.

Recent Texas Santa Fe high school shooting, parents are surprise believing their child was a sweet boy. I say schooling drove him over the edge of wanting to live, blaming school for his hellish life.

Void of school, human youth could be calmly learning something useful, subconsciously realising better thinking and better behaviour techniques, instead school education drives same word spelling learning in hurried switching curriculum subject period punishing environments. After school homework tasks denying extensive calm opportunities for extensive thought relaxation. Ruling class school education are keeping youth busy denying youth opportunities for deep realisation of detailed rewarding thought; repressing classroom environments emotionally encouraging Neanderthal sport activities, used as distractions from repressing memory school learning.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 2:04:30 PM
Bank inquiry should focus attention on borrowers inability to realise property booms are orchestrated, planned, manipulated… using media news tactics: GFC reminder scares; low interest rates; weekly news reports on increasing property auction sales activities; school conditioning students to avoid thinking out finance issues, as school students were forced to except increasing tasks, powerless to complain and/or can’t refuse to carry out tasks, constantly putting up with bad news… adults except changing conditions without complaining, placing themselves in risky investment opportunities, repressing worrying downside pressures, often turning to alcohol, unable to think to forecast if by consuming alcohol in time will lead to worsening problems, as though youthful teenager school learning pretend thinking was partly solved by consuming alcohol.

Like a percentage of aged 7 years children are diagnosed with ADHD, remaining aged 7 years children must have been influenced by the same learning techniques, that because ADHD is not blamed on cognitive overloaded schooling: bullying; embarrassing comments; repetitive boring environment classrooms… for students to have ADHD students must be diagnosed with ADHD.

If many students fail to reach a standard: poor reading skills; poor comprehension skills; unable to argue in favour or against controversial topics, low graded students seemingly becoming dumber as time progresses, A grade students being taught using same/similar teaching techniques, A grade students are being denied new learning material opportunities as fiction character Young Sheldon experienced being home schooled.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 2:08:32 PM
Royal marriage between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, US Reverend Bishop Michael Curry’s sermon, media news selection showing short scenes with Curry talking about love, the type of love Jesus is famous for.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-20/royal-wedding-meghan-markle-upstaged-by-reverend-michael-curry/9779990

I suggest the bible is exceedingly cryptic, redirecting parable story themes of sin and death onto moral behaviours, vague sin awareness against god given rules.

“Jesus loved us so much Jesus died for our sins, taking on humanity sins so people would not have to suffer for their own sins”, is one interpretation I have heard.
Having posted previously, Jesus is a parable story, not a real single long ago living person. Jesus represents Christian cryptic ideals. Jesus breaks seven seals releasing the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Hell is war, a period exampling WW1, the war didn’t end until the 11th hour on the 11th day on the 11th month, 1918. As stated on several WW1 documentaries, WW1 fighting didn’t end until that 11th hour moment, excuses that unused munitions had to be carried back from the battle zone to home bases, that pointlessly killing each other to take new territory only ended on agreed time, I suggest has a message Apocalyptic Hell ended at that 11th hour moment.

All humans whom died during WW1, buried in graves, each grave marked by a Christian cross, died under the Christian human sacrifice ideal Jesus parable story expresses.
The original sin cryptically expressed in the Garden Of Eden, a snake representing the devil and/or the church, saved humanity from ourselves, over population, uncontrolled hunting animals, leading to food shortages, leading to chaotic killing each other. Religion created periods of no wars illegal killing each other and periods of Hell legal killing each other, playing tribes against each other, for the purpose of controlled killing each other. All of which was stated by previous mentioned Radio National guest speaker.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 2:15:26 PM
Like many movies begin with a scene indicating what a story is about, ending in final movie scenes, resolving the beginning movie scenes. Most every scene in between beginning and ending scenes are little more than filling in time. The bible parable Genesis Garden Of Eden story somewhat confuses the plot, until some person explains/hits what the cryptic story means. Revelations being the last book in the Bible cryptically describes beginning scenes solutions, Jesus breaks seven seals, seven being god’s number, Jesus releasing Apocalypse Four Horsemen in itself is a cryptic message as what Jesus represents, easy for Neanderthal emotional people to void of thought and curiosity to dismiss such stories, misdirecting themselves.

Millenniums of ruling classes have been obsessed with holding onto ruling power, differences between emotional-decision-making believe everything being said by authoritarian trickery to that of capable of doubt Homo-Sapiens, capable of understanding cryptic bible stories on being told bible stories are cryptic. Ruling classes would seek out thinkers to get rid of them by accusing thinkers of heresy and/or non-believers, rulers believing there exists a class division, placing ruling classes on top, supported by religious god given right to rule war lord propaganda.

Apocalypse end of time warnings using the trust us assurances, often exposes thinkers capable of interpreting cryptic bible stories with previously known past killing each other war like events.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 2:24:56 PM
Gonski is one more excuse to increase funding for more competitive examination studying, critics presented on media stating "Gonski requires increased funding", as increased funding doesn’t meet full Gonski’s requirements, arguments merely continue as though funding will fix parent concerns.

I theories Jesus story has 3 parable meanings: human sacrifice; threats not to whistle blow on ruling establishment trickery thieving; and that Jesus didn’t believe he would die, only that he would be excommunicated from establish Judaism, continuing his own sect.

I thought of a Genesis Garden Of Eden related joke. “Eve said to Adam, ‘do you want fries with your snake’,”.

steve101
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 2:33:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy