The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Barnaby gone.

Barnaby gone.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Poor old Turnball's, another MALcontent on the back bench. Sitting right next to the Mad Monk himself.
Money Bags has to be on borrowed time, his days are numbered.

An election in September.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 26 February 2018 7:36:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Paul1405 you would be happy to have the criminals from Manus living in your suburb?

The fact about what is legal and what is not is irrelevant with regard to Manus they were given other options that are legal but they refuse to move.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 26 February 2018 8:06:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Phil, if they replaced some of the home grown criminals that frequent my part of town now, they would be more than acceptable.

Your acquisition that "Shorten wants to close Manus" was wrong. Shorten had no say in the matter. It was a determination of the Supreme Court of PNG, and you know it. I suspect you would only poo-ho the decision of the PNG Supreme Court, because it was made by black people against white people, and being a bigoted racists you do not respect such decisions, so be it, but don't lie about it. I'm no fan of Shorten's but I think he would be an improvement on the dysfunctional clowns running government at the moment.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 27 February 2018 3:35:37 AM
Hi Paul,

Your heart-felt sympathy for illegal immigrants is understandable, since you are clearly not a 'bigoted racist'. Probably neither is Phillip :)

One question bugs me: if illegal immigrants were brought from Manus and Nauru, should they be counted as part of the refugee quota ? If so, should fewer genuine refugees, those who have filled out all the right forms and waited five, ten, fifteen years, in some desolate desert camp, be pushed back in the queue ? If not, are you suggesting hat the annual quota be expanded ?

And would you maintain that, if those illegal immigrants are allowed into Australia, this would have no effect whatsoever on the people-smuggling business from Indonesia ?

No rush, take your time :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 27 February 2018 8:58:51 AM
Hi Joe,

Like it or not Australia has a problem, and I called Philip S out after he made a false accusation against Shorten, "Shorten wants to close Manus" No the PNG Supreme Court ruled Manus must close, and I'm not a fan of Bill's.

A tough attitude towards others, refugees/indigenous etc, is something you often espouse on this forum. We are not in their position so its a bit hard to say if we were, if we would act differently.

As for your series of questions, I am not an expert on refugees/immigration those questions can only be answered by government after much deliberation, so any answers from me would be of little value. But I suspect the answers forthcoming will be more political than anything else.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 27 February 2018 10:21:24 AM
Hi Paul,

Your impotence is noted.

So you have no opinion about whether or not the annual quota for refugees should be lifted, to take into account the arrival of illegal immigrants ?

Or do you have the opinion that the annual quota should be more or less fixed, and refugees who have properly applied should be pushed back down the queue, to make way for illegal immigrants, even those arriving by boat, in the event that people-smuggling gets going again under the next Labor government ?

Isn't it amazing how conversation drifts from the original topic to something entirely different ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 27 February 2018 10:33:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy