The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Fraud and Multiculturalism

Fraud and Multiculturalism

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
“Hoodwinked”, Jack Cashill, Nelson Current, Publishers, 2005, tells of how many intellectuals and activists who have shaped the way we think have been “fabricating the facts”. The fabrications have been actively promoted by the establishment and published by the media.

The examples of pure fraud start in 1920's America, ranging from Soviet inspired intellectuals intent on defaming the U.S by campaigning against the trial and execution of two cold-blooded killers and robbers on the grounds that they were prosecuted only because they were Italian migrants caught with anarchist political material, through the Kinsey sexual revolution; the creation of an imaginary AIDS crisis among heterosexuals; the almost “pure fraud” of Alex Haley's 'Roots'; the claim that Leftist intellectual, Edward Said was a persecuted Palestinian when he in fact grew up a wealthy American businessman; white college professor claiming to be a Native American when he is not; Pulitzer Prize winner, Walter Duranty, denying Stalin's holocaust (7 million kulaks murdered), among other things peculiar to America, but occurring in Australia on a lesser scale because our extreme Left are still very much learners here, and not as sophisticated as their U.S counterparts, even those from early last century.

What is not just peculiar to America, is the chapter on multiculturalism.

Cashill writes that, “Like cholesterol, multiculturalism has a good kind and a bad kind...the dominant intellectual strain …. is the bad one.”

He calls it zero-sum multiculturalism (ZSM) which, of course, means that if one group gains, another has to lose. ZSM demands not only recognition and elevation of the 'marginalised' culture, but also the debasement of the 'dominant' culture.

ZSM advocates reject the notion of 'sin'. They see evil instead as a by-product of Western culture, and of the economic and religious traditions that sustain it.

Cashill never did produce any data on 'good' multiculturalism. Perhaps he forgot; or perhaps, like me, he couldn't think of any examples.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 9:03:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
like in Melbourne true crime figures among immigrants (often muslims) are hidden and fiddled with. The regressives hate their fail narratives exposed. See in the US an illegal Mexican uber driver just be charged with 4 rapes. Where is the metoo movement. That's right like prominent actress's its about sides.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 9:55:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi ttbn,

Many people have questioned the success of multiculturalism
in Australia yet people like Victoria's former premier -
Jeff Kennett believe that multiculturalism in Australia has
been working extremely well. Mr Kennett stated on SBS Radio,
"Most of those who have settled here respect Australia's
laws and its traditions and they come to understand the culture."

"Some don't and there may be reasons for that. We've got to
work harder at it."

And therein lies the secret of Australia's success. Australian
policy makers have always been concerned to ensure that
ethnic enclaves were not created in large numbers as has
happened in countries like Germany and Britain. Australian
policy makers had developed programs of language, and education
of migrants. It is for that reason that it takes migrants
less time to feel at home in Australia than it does for those
who migrate to European countries.

What governments have tried to do in Australia with their
policies is to encourage people not to identify themselves as
something other than Australian and take on past ethnic conflicts
and baggage. "Do You Belong?" are questions often asked of
newcomers and if they feel inclusive enough - the government
feels they won't have to hold on to these enmities of the
past and they will feel free to fit in.

Government policies in our country have been very wise. The
strength has been made clear that we should not tag people to
being specific to any ethnic group. Because if we do then we
force them to almost galvanise that as an ethnicity. And that's
where problems can arise - as we've seen from what's happening
in Europe. Thankfully, our governments have been much wiser
with their policies and Australia today is considered a
success story and the envy of the world.

Long may that continue.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 6:28:30 PM
Foxy,

Perhaps it's a matter of interpretation. I feel that there is encouragement to divide in some corners; particularly in the media and among mischief-makers who are constantly deriding their own country. There is also clear evidence of many minorities having no intention of fitting in. Where I live there are many different ethnicities, and I damned if I can get them to speak to me on my daily walks. In Adelaide, the last non-Anglo arrivals to fit in were the Vietnamese who are happy to be Aussies.

I am also bemused by the politicians' claims about Australia being a 'successful' multicultural country without a giving a single example. They are playing lip service to an inappropriate policy that was never endorsed by the Australian people. They will never admit that they were wrong.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 7:40:30 PM
Dear ttbn,

I guess we can only speak about our own experiences.
My parents came to this country as displaced persons
running from the Soviet Regime during World War II.
They came without any worldy goods so to speak - but
they worked hard, managed to raise and educate their
family and here we are today. I was born in this country.
as were my brothers. And I like to think that our family
did contribute. As I'm sure so did many other migrants.
The migrants that I know are well integrated into the
Australian society. They've achieved a high proficiency
in English and are participating in Australian cultural
activities.

I remember the initial two-year work contracts were many
migrants' first major contribution to Australia. They helped
solve an acute labour shortage in Australia, especially in
outlying areas.

On arrival in this country, migrants in those days joined in
the rebuilding of Australia's capital structures that were to
serve the nation for many decades to come. Also many newcomers
established building companies, new factories, retail shops
and repair centres, skating rinks, tailor shops and even a
complete town (Eucla). Many became self-employed in small and
large business and in all kinds of trades. Also as groups migrants
created additional secondary jobs, with their high levels of
demand for goods and services.

Also migrants have contributed in other ways - in the arts,
in literature, in poetry, in painting, ceramics, dance, ballet,
(Borovansky Ballet) and the founding of the Australian Ballet.
Then there were musicians, and theatres, and the list goes on.
And of course lets not forget - sport.

I think Australia is the richer today - thanks to migrants.
At least that's my experience.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 7:16:30 AM
Foxy,

I'm not against migrants, it's the fabricated idea of multiculturalism that appalls me.

Your parents belonged to a different era, and I'm sure they appreciated their new country and did their bit. My ancestors arrived in 1840. Then, or just after WW2, we needed migrants as much as they needed us, and much was achieved. Your parents would not have found it easy at the start, and they would have not received a lot of help. But they fitted in, helped themselves and contributed to make Australia what it is today.

Now, we are getting too many free-loaders. Many are as big an insult to your parents as they are to me and mine. People just like your parents are saying, 'Hang on. I earned my place here, now newcomers are being treated like children, and those newcomers are living up to spoilt kid image because they are encouraged to do so. Many are not even bothering to learn English, and are generally biting the hand that feeds them."

Immigrants? No problem, as long as they are needed and have a job. Different races? I have reservations, but a persons race is no threat. Multiculturalism, which divides people into tribes and discourages assimilation - no, a thousand times no.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 8:28:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy