The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Transgender sport

Transgender sport

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Most sports (not chess) have been divided into male and female divisions, not because they don't want to play together, but because genetics generally endows males with bigger, stronger and faster bodies than females.

Recently there was a case where Mouncey a 6'3" 100 kg male AFL player transitioned to female and began playing in the Canberra women's league where unsurprisingly "she" performed spectacularly well. Unfortunately for "her" her attempt to join the AFL was blocked.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/afls-transgender-call-on-aflw-hopeful

I heard a suggestion that sport be divided into women's leagues and open leagues (male and other genders), which I think is fair. I would like the ideas of other OLO posters.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 21 November 2017 8:00:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//I heard a suggestion that sport be divided into women's leagues and open leagues (male and other genders), which I think is fair.//

Seems reasonable. There are a number of sports where women could compete quite well with the men. Not all of them, mind you. I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching mixed ice hockey, for example... it's a pretty brutal game. But if was something like golf or archery... yeah, sure.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:17:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To hell with this segregation, there should be no discrimination in sport.
A level playing field for all genders I say.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:19:05 AM
Nasty fellow that I am, I'm looking forward to seeing females suffering the same hideous and permanent injuries caused by male sports that skinny little sheilas thing that they are tough enough to participate in. The stupidity might disappear when the girlies see some of their kind with cauliflower ears, twisted fingers and crooked legs.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:27:29 AM
//To hell with this segregation, there should be no discrimination in sport.
A level playing field for all genders I say.//

Because that can only end well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77n--Af1qo
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:28:14 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Women should be able to participate in any sport of their
individual choosing but not against men in physical body
contact sports because of their physical differences and
the liability of injury. Even in men's sports there are
limits controlled by weight or physical size.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 21 November 2017 10:39:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy