The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > No Thanks: New Zealand offer on Manus Illegals.

No Thanks: New Zealand offer on Manus Illegals.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
ttbn,
"It's high time that the 'refugee' nonsense was put to bed, and those people running away from their own countries - while most of their countrymen stick it out - should be sent back"
Do you mean sent back to be killed?
Or do you mean sent back to escalate the conflict?

Both are a violation of international law, but the latter would have a lot of unintended consequences you probably haven't considered.

"And have them end up here as Kiwis affer they get citizenship? This is where they want be, into the welfare."
Welfare that Kiwis aren't even eligible for? Your objection is nonsensical!
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 10 November 2017 9:18:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gee careful there hasbeen, the truth usually hurts on this site.

My lady friend required an MRI scan recently, she was not working due to her injury, had no money, yet was refused access to the scan at the public hospital and was forced to either pay $395 at a private clinic, or suffer in pain. Luckily I paid it for her.

My point is, had she been an illegal, I will bet she would have got one on the tax payer.

This whole illegals fiasco has created such a hole in our finances that we can no longer afford to support those from within who cant afford to provide for much needed help themselves, this despite many of them (like my lady) being tax payers.

It is a joke beyond belief.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 11 November 2017 2:41:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rehctub wrote:
"This whole illegals fiasco has created such a hole in our finances that we can no longer afford to support those from within who cant afford to provide for much needed help themselves"

How much of a hole, in dollars?

How much of a hole is due to the government's choice to imprison asylum-seekers abroad indefinitely for "processing" that never happens?

How does it compare with Australia's order from the Yank Military Industrial Complex for F35 Strike Fighters to participate in Yank colonial wars?

Actual facts and figures, not off-the-cuff hrrrumphs.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Saturday, 11 November 2017 3:16:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//My point is, had she been an illegal, I will bet she would have got one on the tax payer.//

Seems unlikely. If they've been granted permanent residency then they get the same social security benefits as any other permanent resident: there isn't a special Medicare just for them. If they aren't, they don't get Medicare at all.

I think you may have been fooled by an old hoax:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/refugee-payment-hoax.shtml
http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/BN/2012-2013/AustGovAssistRefugees#_ftn22
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 11 November 2017 3:20:57 PM
Any cost to Australia brought on by illegals is unacceptable.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 11 November 2017 5:44:27 PM
Dear Rehctub,

«My point is, had she been an illegal, I will bet she would have got one on the tax payer.»

Had she been illegal, then she would have no legal status hence receive nothing from the tax payer. I also had an MRI and paid a similar sum because I'm not willing to steal the tax-payer's money.

Both the cruelty of locking them up and the stupidity of paying for their expenses (both detention expenses and welfare), all originate from being signatory to that UN refugee convention which demands that refugees receive a legal status - otherwise they could simply try to land here, then if they survived the treacherous ocean-journey they would have no legal status and no recourse to any tax-payer support.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 11 November 2017 11:08:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy