The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is this it and where to now?

Is this it and where to now?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
I went "astral flying" for years. Doesn't happen to me anymore unfortunately.

Same event every time. Flying through the air from the West, careful to negotiate the threatening power lines, but arriving at the same destination for years, at a multi storeyed office block in Melbourne. Peering through the window of the top floor into a totally empty office. Then had to negotiate my way back to the West, careful to avoid many dangerous power lines, though the soaring and flying was exhilarating! Then the body jolt would occur, which would wake me from my travels - damn!

Who, when visiting a brand new destination, has had the instant flash of remembering they'd been there before, knowing they never had? Is that a genetic memory from an ancestor who had already been there before passing on?

And who has relatives who are often born or have died, on the same birth or demise date as their close relatives? Coincidence or something too explicit for we humans to solve?
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 8 July 2007 3:46:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SPANKY happy birthday, yes we all have felt that and I have zero doubt we have some ESP another reason I admire our brain.
Dog? can I come back as a Minni Foxy? the one that owns me gets well looked after and more than her share of my bed.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 9 July 2007 7:24:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, thankyou!
I've heard of people wanting to come back in the most unusual forms,
even wierdo's who want to come back as a dollar bill, because they are "handled" so often! If we had the option of coming back as any thing, that would be a little over the edge, but I think we are restricted to the human form.
Posted by SPANKY, Monday, 9 July 2007 4:06:54 PM
If we imagine the afterlife has some physical individual dimension I'm afraid we are mistaken. The afterlife is the reflection of the indwelling spirit of who we are. It is not linked to natural chemistry. If our character is the ultimate admired it is of the eternal and that standard of character will remain forever. God is the eternal character of perfection, those indwelt and expressing his character live in God and God in them.

That character does not come by natural birth or by self will but by receiving the perfect Character of God i.e. the Holy Spirit. God does not die, the natural chemical world changes and recycles. The chemistry that is the brain becomes dust - the spirit - the character, attitudes and actions that express the nature of God are eternal.
Posted by Philo, Monday, 9 July 2007 9:43:01 PM
Philo,
Please excuse my enquiring mind but are you in a round-about-way saying that we are trapped in some sort of Lotto or bingo draw? to see who comes back, as what, as where and as when? Yes I know about the "we are created in his image thingy" but lets be realistic and also take into consideration the facts of other creatures on this planet that have shown some type of bond to the after or previous life. I have an open mind as far as religion is concerned, on my side I still think that we are being watched from outer space and it's those people (whoever they are) that are the deciders in the fate of this world. (Why did that sound obscure?) Anything is possible, right?
Posted by SPANKY, Monday, 9 July 2007 10:17:55 PM
No intent to be rude just a few thoughts for our Christian friend.
What God? men have many indeed and what one is the one God?
Why are those that follow another wrong?
If they all exist this after life would be crowded, can it be those who followed the right one are better than the rest?
What happens to all those well meaning good living followers of the wrong God?
Would in this after life my parents have time for me? as well as reuniting with theirs? who would want to spend time with theirs?
Such a crowd!
IF God exists, any God the one hundred true Gods or one God why not let us all know?
Why not visit and tell us the reason we live?
Our brain is of great comfort to us all it even tells us bed time story's if we need them to sleep in cold dark nights.
If man is one why must they have a different God?
Why must some be saved and some not?
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 10 July 2007 6:12:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15