The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ABC Surprise

ABC Surprise

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 46
  8. 47
  9. 48
  10. All
ABC boss emails staff telling them not to be biased on SSM. Tells them that the ABC "does not have a position on this issue". Also advises that the preferred terminology is 'same sex marriage', NOT 'marriage equality' or 'gay marriage'.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 August 2017 12:08:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come on ttbn the ABC was hijacked 50 years ago. they love perversion and hate what is good and normal. Can you imagine the smirking sarcastic Tony Jones being neutral? They are slaves to false and often twisted narratives.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 August 2017 9:44:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner,

I'm merely reporting on advice given to ABC staff by their superior, Mark Haley. It shows that there is, finally, at least one executive who knows right from wrong, and there could be others who might feel able to throw of the extreme Left wing mindset if given encouragement.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 August 2017 10:09:13 AM
What’s wrong with the term ‘marriage equality’? Is the ABC boss concerned that he’ll make intolerant people feel guilty because it draws attention to their preference for inequality, in this instance?

I fail to see what the problem is with that. If there were a group lobbying to ban interracial marriage, I doubt anyone would have a problem with the term ‘marriage equality’, in that instance.

Not sure what the problem is with the term “gay marriage”, though. That seems a little random.

<<It shows that there is, finally, at least one executive who knows right from wrong …>>

What’s so wrong with using the term ‘marriage equality’ or ‘gay marriage’, ttbn?
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 11 August 2017 10:16:44 AM
AJ Philips,

You should direct your questions to the ABC. As I said, I am 'merely reporting' what was said by someone else.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 August 2017 10:40:57 AM
I suppose that this latest action by the ABC
should not come as a surprise. After all the
National Broadcaster has to appear to be
impartial. It issued a stern email to staff
warning employees - especially high profile
radio and television personalities against
voicing their opinions about marriage equality.
This came after Lateline host Emma Alberici called
Australia's handling of same-sex marriage an
"indictment" on both sides of politics on social
media.

ABC's editorial manager Mark Maley made it clear
that -

"It is very important that we are impartial and that
all perspectives are given a fair hearing and treated
with respect by the ABC."

"In this charged environment I would also urge everyone
to be circumspect on social media - advocating for
one side or the other will make it more difficult for
the ABC to be seen as impartial. The more high-profile
you are the more important discretion is."

Maley also reminded employees to use the term -
"same-sex marriage" instead of "marriage equality."

There Emma Alberici - you've now been told!

As I stated earlier - I guess this was to be expected
from a National Broadcaster - who depends on its funding
from the Government and the taxpayer. You cannot afford
to take sides - especially when approx 40% of Australians
oppose changing the country's Marriage Laws.
The National Broadcaster is therefore not supposed to
have a position on the issue - and has to instruct its
staff (especially the high profile ones) accordingly.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/abc-staff-gagged-over-marriage-equality-20170810-gxt71j.html
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 11 August 2017 2:29:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 46
  8. 47
  9. 48
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy