The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What A Circus!

What A Circus!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
If Australia – with its exaggerated, anti-Western multiculturalism, stupidly-high immigration; importation of African crime gangs; anti-free speech human 'rights' commission; compulsory voting; the highest electricity prices in the world (add your own gripes) – has not been a global laughing stock for ages, it should be now.

It seems that the country's Constitution is not required reading for the clearly inadequate drones who think they should be running the circus that Australia has become. Section 44 of the Constitution is one of the most straightforward sections in the document: you cannot be a dual citizen and serve in Australia's parliaments. Duh!

But, thanks to the interest of a single unknown Australian whose name is already forgotten, three dimwits of no particular use to Australian society have been revealed as being wrongly in politics under the Constitution – and who knows how many others, past and present, have been and will prove to to be frauds?

Two sanctimonious Greens showed up first, with stupid excuses, but they at least dropped straight out to the sneering of chief clown, Turnbull. The chief clown, however, has had no such criticism for the last bozo who has been illegally in his own cabinet – the one with the most unbelievable story of them all!

I've said it before – Australia is stuffed – but this year has revealed just how stuffed. It s bloody embarrassing to say the least.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 28 July 2017 12:22:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ttbn,

Let me get this straight...

Multiculturalism - bad?
Immigration - bad?
Human Rights Commission - bad?
Compulsory voting - bad?
Turnbull - bad?
Electricity precies - bad?
Section 44 Constitution - good?
Australian politicians - bad?
Australia - laughing stock - bad?
Australia - stuffed?

And then there was something about Africans and
crime - as well.

Realistically though, I don't think that you need to worry too
much about Australia being a laughing stock globally.

At present with their current President, most people will agree
that the United States is dominating centre-stage on that
score. We'll have to wait our turn. But there's hope for us
yet. Of course we could really be in with a chance to be a
laughing-stock globally, if we bring back our former Prime
Minister - Mr Abbott. He'd give Donald Trump a run for his money.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 29 July 2017 10:37:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

I also get thoroughly sick of these constantly whinging miserable old coots who ignore the fact that we have a stable political system, a public health system that is the envy of places like the US and an economy that from the Hawke/Keating era has hardly missed a beat.

We enjoy some of the highest living standards in the world with relatively low crime figures and a public safety net for those less fortunate.

Yet we always hear of how stuffed we are. I rarely buy a Tattslotto ticket. Why? Because I believe if you lucky enough to find yourself a citizen of this country you have already won.

There are those among us who would like to see our safety net dismantled, our public heath system forced to go user pays, our gun laws rolled back and our taxes that fund public spending rolled back. They are the ones who pose the greatest threat to this country and they are the ones who come on to places like this to white-ant what we have build for ourselves in this country.

Enough already.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 29 July 2017 11:45:55 AM
Dear SteeleRedux,

Thank You. I share your optimism and feelings
about this wonderful country of ours. Having
lived and worked in other countries, including the US
I am so happy to call this my home. I agree with you
that many don't realise just how fortunate we really are.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 29 July 2017 11:56:44 AM
SteeleRedux,

I appreciate the same things about Australia that you do. The difference is the lack of maturity and experience which is behind your inability to understand the current threats to the things we both believe in.

Australia has been what it is because of shared values and beliefs. Those values and beliefs are now shared by fewer people, thanks to indiscriminate immigration and the cultural Marxism of the past 50 or so years, which has put people like you in the same category as immigrants who are actively hostile to our society. You like the good bits, but you don't know and don't care how things got to the way they are, instead of the way they are in non-Western countries.

Do you really think that we will continue to enjoy “some of the highest living standards in the world with relatively low crime figures and a public safety net for those less fortunate” if immigration of 200,000 plus continues? I don't know what your personal reading covers, but it appears not to go near the fact that we are slipping down the lists of those things you value all the time. The effect on GPD looks good, but wealth per capita is slipping. Not many wage rises for anyone but politicians and the elites – but perhaps you are too well off to notice that?

Perhaps it's because I'm just a “silly old coot”, but you will have to point out all these people who “ who pose the greatest threat to this country” by dismantling safety nets,” our public heath system forced to go user pays, our gun laws rolled back and our taxes that fund public spending rolled back.”

I mean, a conservative government severely restricted gun ownership; the Left is in full control with Turnbull, who is outspending Labor on welfare, health and education. Please explain. Just which people are more dangerous than African gangs, Muslims and unemployable immigrants determined to colonise us?

And, finally, what is it that you have built “in this country?” Australia didn't begin with your birth.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 29 July 2017 2:25:13 PM
Dear ttbn,

I think that we can agree that we want a future
for this country of sustainable self-sufficiency,
a healthy environment supporting a robust
democracy - free of poverty and inequity.

None of us want to see a future where the stability
of day-to-day life has been eroded by a degraded
environment, depleted resources, lawlessness or
warfare or limited access to health-care and
education. We don't want to see economic or political
inequity as well as the fragmentation of social
cohesion.

Our future depends on decisions we make.

I am optimistic -

We're told that our population will need to increase
due to the obvious fact that the proportion of the
population over 65 is projected to increase by 60 per
cent or more, in the Southern States. This makes our
rate of productivity be dependent on increasing
the labour force - hence immigration.

Resources and industries will undoubtedly take
new roads. Fossil fuels and minerals are forecast
to be exhausted in 60 - 80 years.

We probably won't have all the answers regarding our
country's future for decades. However,
we need to have an open mind on the opportunities we're
faced with and discuss all the alternatives.
It is not enough to make-up our minds. We need to look
at information from official and reputable sources
and analysis and discuss all the opportunities and
challenges that we are going to face and how to
maximise them to our advantage.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 29 July 2017 4:00:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy