The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What A Circus!

What A Circus!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
Dear ttbn,

Here is a link that may be of further interest
to you:

http://theconversation.com/what-will-australias-energy-future-look-like-16412

It's a fascinating subject.

I hope that Bazz reads this as well.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 29 July 2017 9:11:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Your information on immigration is outdated – mythical stuff invented by greedy businessmen and lazy politicians. 70,000, not 200 to 300 thousand is the ideal intake for Australia; and, humanitarian intake is not part of the equation.

I don't know why you mention the life of fossil fuels in this context, but you have been mislead about that, too. Only days ago it was revealed that we have at least 300 years of coal and gas, if we have the common sense to use it.

Australia is in a bad place currently, and it will only get worse because the people who should be doing something about it are in thrall to ideologues and shonks.

I don't know why you feel optimistic, but I'm extremely glad that I will be gone when Australia really starts unravelling. We are now past the point of no return. 'End of days' is starting to have real meaning.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 29 July 2017 9:28:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ttbn,

Sounds to me like you need a hug!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 29 July 2017 9:42:29 PM
ttbn,

Most people are wonderful, salt of the Earth are doing their best and getting on with their lives. They don't pay much attention to the serial pests and mainly because work and family, just living occupies them anyhow. However they can be expected to pull the politicians up from time to time, by emptying out the refuse that gathers in Canberra.

Try to start each day by listing three good things in your life. The good things might usually be those small things that make life so enjoyable but we forget to savour them. A walk among tall trees is good for the soul.

By all means enjoy slabs of time completely free of the media and electronic communication. You must program them. The new technology is beaut, but we are not so good at knowing how to best use and adapt to it yet.

A good done regularly is very good for the soul. I try and make that every single day. I don't tell anyone. It is between me and whoever I help. Have a go, you come across as someone who would be doing that anyway and all it needs to the attention, to be in the moment, and make it happen at least once a day.

By all means take heart, by far the greatest majority of the population have had enough of the carping whingers, scolders, clowns and nags that bloom like weeds. The ABC could do with some draining of the swamp. All manner of nasties in that bog and they are pests to everyone else, the real workers and contributors there too.
Posted by leoj, Saturday, 29 July 2017 10:53:07 PM
leoj,

You do surprise me at times.

I would almost believe that underneath your
usual persona there beats a caring heart.
I wish we'd see more of it on this forum.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 30 July 2017 10:46:05 AM
Foxy,

However I don't accept that 'gift'(sic). Yours to keep.
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 30 July 2017 10:54:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All