The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > SBS Obsession with Race

SBS Obsession with Race

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All
I am not so doctrinaire that I cannot watch good programs put on by the politically challenged networks like the ABC and SBS. I like the ABC for British drama, and I have enjoyed 'Outlander', 'Midnight Sun' etc on SBS, and I am currently watching 'Deutschland 83'. But – and it's a big but.

Every time there is a break, huge banners cross the screen telling me to 'be aware of racism', and 'fu2 to racism'. To add insult to injury, there is that awful relic from Channel 9, mouthing something that I am too enraged to listen to on the subject of 'racism'.

What is it with these people? Why do they hate Australia so much? Why do they manufacture the nonsense that Australia is more racist than anywhere else? On our tax dollar, too!

I am beginning to think that what racism there is brought on by the lunatics running SBS. Give a dog a bad name, and it will bite.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 17 February 2017 9:25:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As the psychiatrist said to his patient "Unfortunately you are inferior". Abos and Mussies can't help it that's how they're born.
FUSBS.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 17 February 2017 11:48:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hang on, how did we go from, ‘SBS and the ABC focus too much on race and racism’, to, ‘Why do they hate Australia so much’? How is denouncing racism synonymous with hating Australia? Because they claim that Australia is the most racist country in the world? Do they really claim this? I don’t remember hearing this claim from them before.

If the SBS and the ABC hate Australia so much, wouldn’t they want a socially destructive force such as racism to take hold and flourish?

Anyway, racism does still exist in Australia, so wanting to fight it is clearly justified. Perhaps they could distribute their efforts a little more evenly and focus their attention on other social justice issues as well? But fighting racism is still necessary, unfortunately.

Given the stark contrast in attitudes that I personally observe in the younger generations compared to OLO, however, I think the biggest killer of racism will be time.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 17 February 2017 12:25:10 PM
Dear AJ,

I can still recall when my son was in primary school
and he came home telling me that his best
friend Benjamin had been called a "Dirty Chinese!" by someone
in his class." Mum what does that mean?" he asked me.
Apparently the other little boy kept yelling at Benjamin
and my son was puzzled by it all. Is it bad? he added.
I explained what that meant to my son as simply as I
could. And then asked my son if he understood?
To which my son replied. "Mum, Ben's not dirty.
He's my best friend!"
Which said it all.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 17 February 2017 12:47:43 PM
It said it all by implication. Probably Ben pointed out his best friend to Mother who gasped and spat out the adjective and noun. Ben then repeated the strange words from past generations of parents.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 17 February 2017 1:07:47 PM
There must be a hell of a lot of argy bargy and elbows out where those millions of dollars of funding and grants from government tare concerned.

The ABC and SBS do overlap considerably. That was stated by an outgoing ABC chairman - but only when he was going out of the door.

The 'racism' and other 'anti-phobe of whatever description' is about superior brand and which has dibbs on more guvvy dollars. That comes down to political parties and what they get out of it.

Speaking of which, ACT Labor politician Bec Cody must be following Shorten's lead, as in 'a politician should never let the facts get in the way of a geadline'.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/rsl-seeks-a-meeting-with-act-labors-bec-cody-after-her-attack-on-sussex-inlet-rsl-20170214-gud54e.html
Posted by leoj, Friday, 17 February 2017 1:33:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy