The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > SBS Obsession with Race

SBS Obsession with Race

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. All
No there are reasons for objecting to the tiles. There is not one tile of the Gov Gen P Cosgrove in the urinal , not 1 pic of a digger on the wall above the tray. Why are there no RSL urinals with the army badge engraved in the stainless steel ? Not one !.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 17 February 2017 1:52:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Strangely I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed by A J PHILIPS. I say 'strangely' as I often don't agree with much of what he says. However, I consider him utterly correct; I don't believe either the ABC or SBS hate Australia at all. I expect they all have their various agendas, similar to that which are held by the senior Executives of Sydney's Radio 2GB. Who are unashamedly supporters of the 'right'. Whereas the two National broadcasters, appear to be supporters of the 'Left'. Doesn't mean they 'hate' Australia.

Furthermore I do also agree racism does exist - in two precise forms. there are some people from particular areas, where vocational racism is widely practiced. Including that of the normal xenophobia that seemingly pervades among ordinary groups of people, and is (still) alive and well. And will continue to flourish unfortunately. Will 'time' eradicate it, I'm not entirely sure, perhaps ?

I'll necessarily include, instances of racism emerging from some members in 'law-enforcement' (not only police). That is, until they realise, most people regardless from where they've come, are inherently good, whatever their race or the pigmentation of their skin. And to accept, it takes many people, from many backgrounds to make any nation great.

Notwithstanding however; anyone at all who seeks to come here, who wishes to zealously pursue a particular religion, and/or ideology, who's cardinal intent is to occasion harm to Australians, or our distinct way of life, are most unequivocally, 'never' welcome, and will ultimately be apprehended, and with an expectation of years of hard gaol ahead of them !
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 17 February 2017 2:16:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Racism operates at many different levels, some superficial like name-calling, some deeper, some deeper still. And some so deep that pretty much all of us take it for granted.

But I'm glad there is someone like Ray Martin who can 'fix it'. After all, it's a bit like a tap washer, in'it ? Bam - done.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 17 February 2017 2:43:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
 o sung wu,

OK, so I should have said 'why do they hate Australians' and, I could have added, why do so many Australians hate themselves? I'm not going to draw back from the fact the Left is mostly about hate.

Of course “racism exists”; but it is no more prevalent in Australia than anywhere else. Given our ridiculously high immigration and obsession with multiculturalism, I would say that racism was less severe in Australia than anywhere else.

There is certainly no need for SBS or anyone/thing else harping on the subject. As I said, give a dog a bad name.....

As you mentioned a “particular religion”, I feel the need to remind you that religion does not equate to race. I am strongly anti-Islam, not the various races of Muslims. I freely admit that I do not believe in multiculturalism, but that is not racism. Australia has a non-discriminatory immigration policy, and I completely agree with that policy; but, once you are here, forget the past. I don't go around fantasising about my 'roots': I am Australian and that's that.

There is no need for the SBS nonsense, nor the posturing and self-serving of Ray Martin, a very faded star, long past his due by date. The whole campaign is insulting and disloyal. Small wonder that newcomers don't place much importance on joining in.

However, nice to hear from you again. I thought we had lost you.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 17 February 2017 3:08:43 PM
", who wishes to zealously pursue a particular religion, and/or ideology, who's cardinal intent is to occasion harm to Australians, or our distinct way of life, are most unequivocally, 'never' welcome,"
-
That's hard to read but it seems you mean that crims will get arrested. Good. Do you also mean that a particular religion has the main intent to harm Australians? Do you mean that's the purpose of Islam?

Bikie gangs have harmed Australians . They can be in docos about violence and drugs. And a doco can condemn hatred of bikies. Or condemn damage to Barrier Reef or condemn racism. Our Barrier Reef is great and a wall that foreigners pay to see but it has faults . North Korea has no faults.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 17 February 2017 3:42:09 PM
Loudmouth, "Ray Martin who can 'fix it'. ... Bam - done"

Anything is possible. The world's most interesting celebrity, Ray Martin's wig, has claimed five times membership of the mile high club. The rug on top and messing with Ray's inflated ego.

Somewhere there is an aboriginal possum rug totem just waiting to be discovered with the aid of the SBS, or will the ABC beat them to it?
Posted by leoj, Friday, 17 February 2017 3:50:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy