The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oh what a beautiful morning

Oh what a beautiful morning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
Paul when have these people been dealt with any other way but the Justice System? Oh yes i remember they started throwing rocks at any cop cars daring to come on the Newmarket estate some lived and there were several riots. Then they took the coppers to court to complain about the coppers being racist. They did not win but the cops were told to tone it down and let's all be friends. That worked well didn't it?
Point is you said that White bad and then non white not good but the best. I suggest you sit in the Melbourne Magistrates Court for a few hours and see what a triumph this policy has been.
Racism is racism as soon as you say one is better then you are being racist as you were!
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 16 November 2016 12:27:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JBowyer, I never said black people are better than white people, or white people are worse than black people etc etc. What I did say was do not generalize or stereotype a particular ethnic group.
You, like Hasbeen point to bad behavior involving Black Africans, is that bad behavior a direct result of their skin colour, or is it due to some other factor(s), or a combination of the two? Is it a few, or many, is it all?

Again I iterate, matters of a criminal nature have to be dealt with through the criminal justice system. If that system is failing society then it needs fixing, that is an issue in itself.

What do you believe should be done?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 17 November 2016 4:07:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Africans belong in Africa
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 17 November 2016 6:02:24 AM
Actually the more I think about it the more it infuriates me.
Really none of you have seen the issues that have gone on in America for like ever with whites and African Americans.... and some so-called Aussie though "Geez, what we need here is an African Australian contingent, to polarize and divide our cities on racial lines..."

Seriously you people are like 'criminality should be dealt with through the courts'....
No it shouldn't, If they mess up it means you didn't vet them properly.
The Aussie needs to be fired and foreigners committing crimes need to be imprisoned and sent back to where they came from.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 17 November 2016 6:17:42 AM
Paul just for a start I would insist that any complaint of "Racism" was treated the same as racism which is surely is. Some nonsense about he had a go at me because of the colour of my skin if this is found to be a not guilty verdict then the complainant is charged with racism. Give a few 12 month sentences to people making spurious complaints and see what happens.
And Paul you most certainly did stereo type white males as thugs in your post and Africans, Islanders and Maori as the best sort of people. That is racism whether in trendy Newtown or whatever. Mate I know you are just a two bob poseur but read what you write in future.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 17 November 2016 9:23:47 PM
JBowyer. like a typical right wing ratbag when you have nothing else to offer, or confronted with an alternate opinion, you resort to personal attack, go for it lad. You are mot my "mate" so please do not refer to me as your "mate". Is that the best you can do? Dealing with a immature name calling uneducated adolescent such as yourself can be tiresome, but please do your best.
Anything else to say?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 18 November 2016 4:10:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17