The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > It's time to cease the Nauru solution

It's time to cease the Nauru solution

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
If I respected you I'd take that as an insult.

"This has nothing to do with 'humanity'."

Of course it has, dimwit.
Posted by Luciferase, Monday, 24 October 2016 4:13:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lucerfras,
There is no 'next step', We have said you will not get into Australia and I expect we mean just that. We have offered to pay for their trip home if they wish, but maybe those remaining like it there.
After all it is warm there and they don't have to work. They have recreational facilities and medical care plus 3 meals a day. I don't know if they even have to do their own washing of clothes. Must be better that the sand pits they come from. I would like to know what is inhumane about the set up. Maybe we should lower the standard of the provided food or make it tough in some other way, like have to work if they want food. What about them building some infrastructure that will benefit Nauru.

If these illegals had it like others do in African or ME camps they would soon go home, Ill bet.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 24 October 2016 5:11:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo: If these illegals had it like others do in African or ME camps they would soon go home, Ill bet.

That's why I want the UNCHR to take over the Camps.

The reason they won't is because the UNCHR doesn't recognise them as Refugees once they have left the UNCHR Camps in the ME & neither should Australia.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 24 October 2016 5:52:47 PM
Jayb,
Yep they came here as 'illegals' with the intention of gate crashing our country and as such we do not have sympathy for them.

We must continue to resist their entry at all cost. We simply say NO, "bugger off"
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 24 October 2016 6:27:24 PM
Here is a statistic to think about before you fill up the country.

From Sweden.
"fewer than 500 of the 160,000 - 2015 arrivals have managed to secure jobs. "

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/724302/Sweden-migrant-open-door-policy-asylum-sex-attacks-violence
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 12:27:58 AM
That is like approx .31%

Worse than ours being in Australia over 5 years and 85% still on welfare.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 2:02:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17