The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Guns

Guns

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. Page 35
  10. 36
  11. All
No, it does not make sense.
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 25 November 2016 9:56:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Now all of the States and Territories require that firearms be stored in secure locked receptacles, and that's good law.
It protects against theft and misuse by unlicensed people.

One State however requires that bolts be removed from bolt action firearms and all others be left with the beach open; the bolts are to be stored with their firearms in the same storage receptacle.

Is the point of that stupidity or just plain old nastiness?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 26 November 2016 4:41:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's all stupid.
Do kitchen knives and cleavers and garden axes get locked away too?

Alcohol and cars kill hundreds of thousands more than private firearms?

What has been removed is our right to security and self defence if required.
Posted by JF Aus, Saturday, 26 November 2016 10:22:05 PM
No, we still have the right to security and self defence, what has been taken is the means, the ability, and that by a coward and his fellow travellers who are afforded protection by the State.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 27 November 2016 4:53:37 PM
How can we have rights to security and self defence if we have no means to uphold those rights?
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 27 November 2016 5:13:54 PM
Is Mise. I have checked the comprehensive and sensible Greens NSW policy on Firearms, and nowhere does that policy support the "status quo" or make reference to the category of gun that, that "First Fleet musket" you are banging on about falls into. Like your gal Pauline would say "Please explain!"

I read the drivel about meat cleavers and axes and its the gunnies smoke screen they throw up from time to time to justify firearms. Interesting about the axe, some 20 years back a bloke I worked with was stopped on a train home, because he was carrying an axe, hr had brought to work to have sharpened, fool him.

I can only imagine the kind of "Mad Max" society you gunnies want to impose, with half the populace running around with axes and meat cleavers, and the other half looking like Rambo armed with AK-47's to counter the bad guys!

I have just spent the umteenth weekend moving around the city with complete freedom, felt relaxed enjoying ourselves at a 'Street Party' Saturday night. I don't think it would be your scene, too many alternative people, who would look rather strange to you guys. some looked rather strange to me, but nice people As part of the entertainment my partner sung a few traditional Maori songs, they loved it. Yesterday, out and about with our grandkids, moving around freely on public transport. Guess what, not a gun, or a meat cleaver in sight! Lets keep it that way, that's the status quo I support.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 28 November 2016 4:46:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. Page 35
  10. 36
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy