The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Guns

Guns

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All
Thanks Toni for your contribution, it certainly fits the stupidity bit.

Philip Donato has TRUMPED* the Nationals in Orange and a couple of Nationals crossed the floor in the Senate in a vote on the Adler.

* Sorry, couldn't resist!!
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 22 November 2016 8:15:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Thanks Toni for your contribution, it certainly fits the stupidity bit.//

Which part of my post do you dispute?

The bit about the lack of shotguns amongst the Scottish forces?

Was it my list of anachronisms? Scotsmen didn't wear kilts in the 13th century... the movie was way too early. They didn't wear woad in the 13th century... at best, the movie was about 1000 years too late. At worst, they painted Mel in clown make-up for no good reason.

And as for the mullet... well, that was invented in the latter part of the 20th century. It's definitely not right, but it was Mel's signature look and it had served him well before. And thus, Sir William Wallace wound up with the world's worst haircut except for the rat's tail, and the make-up department saved some money by letting an enthusiastic 6-year old have a go at face-painting.

And since all the whining in the world won't make mean old Mr. Government give you the toys you think need but really only want, maybe you should should just stop sooking and console yourself with a pointed stick. Life's tough, princess.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 22 November 2016 4:12:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One day there might be government that respects the people and provides what sensible people like or need.
Trump in the US may lead the way.
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 22 November 2016 5:02:52 PM
Toni,

What I want is Uniform National Gun Laws, the which we do not have; after twenty years of the Government and others kidding that we do.

I want laws based on evidence not emotion,

I want laws that are well thought out and not, as some seem to be based on either ill will or stupidity.

Not much of an ask!!
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 23 November 2016 7:32:25 AM
<<Why do the Greens think tat a First Fleet musket should be in a higher category than a modern double barrel shotgun that can be fired faster than the dreaded Adler (dreaded by the Greens, that is).>>

Evidence please comrade. (since your mob got into bed with the Labor pinko's in Orange I'm calling you comrade)

We shall see if your man can consolidate the seat, or will he be a half term wonder, will we see Orange flow back to The Nationals at the next general election. seats can always be won at by-elections but lost at general elections.
The problem is he won with preferences from the opposition, not the government, therefore all the government has to do from here on in is "dry him up" ie make him a lame duck type member who gets nothing done for the locals. then the seat will flow back to Nats (if they are not still on the nose) at the next general election.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 24 November 2016 6:24:26 AM
Paul,

The Greens support the status quo as regards the various categories of firearms licensing,
the modern high powered, double barrel, fast firing shotgun (faster than the dreaded Adler) is in Cat A whereas the First Fleet musket is in the higher and more restricted Cat B.

Does that make sense?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 25 November 2016 9:17:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All