The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One of Life's Inexclipable Mysteries ?

One of Life's Inexclipable Mysteries ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Being a pragmatists I'm generally not given, to matters involving any of life's inexplicable mysteries or anything else that can't be explained by ordinary scientific vindication. Nor am I in any way religious, in fact I'm an atheist!

After completing my six years military engagement. I decided to go on a working trip abroad, travelling to Europe and the UK. While there I met this stunning looking girl and we had a pretty intense relationship for nearly six months, before I needed to return home, this was in 1969/70.

Over the years we kept in quite close touch, mainly via letters and the occasional phone call (the days before computers were available for personal use), but like so many things time, distance and other distractions meant our correspondence slowly diminished as did the frequencies of my phone calls. Until we both simply drifted completely apart, not even birthday or Christmas cards ?

I joined the coppers, married my first wife, and settled down. By this time my beautiful English rose who was a real beauty, still didn't get a thought from this conceited uncivilised oaf, all the while I 'motored' along quite happily, thinking of nobody but myself.

On Friday, *16 September* last, I had this 'dream' or 'nightmare', not sure which, where I again met this lovely girl, only this time in her loungroom, after over a 45 years absence. Naturally we're ebullient with happiness ! As I started to approach her, she suddenly held up both hands as if to stop me, and said forbiddingly; No ! I was utterly confused and disappointed, wondering what it was I'd done to offend her - was she married, her husband home, What ?

I must've then woken up, and didn't think too much more about it, but it lingered in the back of my mind ? Until I decided to track her down, for pure curiosity was all ? So I tried Google firstly; and bingo ! I was stunned to read that she died at home peacefully, surrounded by her family, on Friday *16 September 2016* ?
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 27 September 2016 6:38:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are getting into scary territory now o sung wu.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 27 September 2016 8:09:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'evening to you HASBEEN...

Actually, I mentioned my dream to my wife who like me, is a very practical, down to earth type of person that said, she's also deeply religious as well ?

In hindsight I think it's all just a massive coincidence even happenstance as the yanks are so fond of saying. I suppose there are others herein, who may make more of it than I do, I wouldn't like to dismiss their arguments out of hand, to do so would be incredibly naive in the extreme. Yet there are a few others who like me, simply dismiss it as being nothing more but a mere coincidence. I will be honest with you old mate, I found the entire event quite unsettling to say the least ? She would've been in her early eighties when she passed away. She was about five years my senior.
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 27 September 2016 9:00:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Ye gods, you have become morose and maudlin of late. Senior years can do that to men.

Nocturnal starvation most likely. You need new company.

Spruce yourself up with plenty of soap and water, new clothes and an up-to-date haircut. Hang on a low or no alcohol drink in one of the many social spots.

There are always plenty of women twenty years younger who are seeking a man who is still interested, enjoys life's simple pleasures and thinks for himself. One who is not afraid of having his own opinions and preferences and will take risks (as if meeting new people and being social is a risk!). Someone who is good company. Being there. -The exact opposite of the superficial, supplicant, metrosexual friends they use to fetch and carry and who are always hypocritical creeps.

Dare to dream. New vistas opening up before you. Dance, or make some go at it.

Our self-imposed limitations are the stuff of nightmares and a life being wasted.

There has never been a day that I haven't been filled with gratitude for being on the green side of the grass. Each day over morning coffee is a new opportunity to measure the splendid works of Nature, people too, around us and feel enormous gratitude for life.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 27 September 2016 11:42:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey O Sung Wu,
What a curious and interesting thing to happen.
I'm not surprised you're a little bit unsettled by this dream, I would be too I think.
It's hard to think that after 45 years such a thing could be merely a coincidence.

They say twins sometimes have a weird kind of ESP thing going on.
Once, when I was a kid I had de-ja-vu, and saw something happen before it actually happened; it was an insignificant event, but I mention it to you because I could never explain it.
Maybe not everything of this world is well understood or can be easily explained.

They say that your life flashes before your eyes before you go, I'm not sure how true that kind of stuff is, but my mum believes it.
Maybe in that split second moment this 'lovely girl' thought of you and sent out some kind of message out to you.
Maybe she remembered the time you shared fondly and thought of you often before she passed, who knows.

You could get a dream dictionary, or find someone online who studies dreams or these things and who might provide insight on what the dream meant.

On the downside, it's really something else when you have an awesome vivid dream where you're blissfully happy without a care in the world, and then wake up...

Thanks for sharing and if you find out anything more of what it meant, let us all know.
It's not every day that something amazing happens.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 28 September 2016 1:23:30 AM
Hi O Sung Wu, I have spoken to my partner "T" about your dream, she is an 'Interpreter of Dreams' among other things in her culture. "T" has told me to tell you not to fear, this is in fact a good dream. A message from your love of long ago, a thank you for the pleasure you both enjoyed, a love than never ended, love does not die, in the way the physical body dies, which cannot be a bad thing. "T" is going to "think" more on your dream and reply to you herself. That may take a day, or even a week, but she will get back to you.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 September 2016 6:07:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy