The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Greens, Trots or Trolls of the Parliament?

The Greens, Trots or Trolls of the Parliament?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 49
  10. 50
  11. 51
  12. All
G'day Paul,

That gave me another laugh: no, my rear wouldn't be big enough for such a slogan, I'll have to think of one (seven words limit) that could fit on yours.

I gave out stuff for the Greens from about 2003 until about 2011, letter-boxing, spending Saturday afternoons giving out stuff at the polling stations. I still have the T-shirt.

As for actual Green WORK, with which you may be unfamiliar, I did my knees in, tree-planting, a couple of thousand of them one year. So no, I didn't just wander into the wrong Strip Club, Paul, as Bill Leak's cartoon portrayed Shorten claiming today. Brilliant ! I guess I might have been actually doing Greeny things when it was still running down your leg.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 27 June 2016 12:18:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Paul, it is nice to have ones judgement confirmed.

That post is dripping more arrogance than most of yours.

Then you show us tat the Greens will use any lie, connive with any rip off merchant they can find, to try scare a few into voting for them.

You know, as well as I & other thinking voters that John Hewson is heavily invested in alternate energy. quite possibly disastrously so, with the growing rejection of wind power in the previously poster countries of Europe.

Still we would expect the greens to endorse any lie or liar, if there was a chance of conning even one vote from the uninformed, it has always been their practice.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 27 June 2016 12:21:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul, as you are the only green I have any contact with can you tell
me if the greens still intend to close all coal mines, (including
metallurgic coal ?), and oil use in favour of solar & wind ?

If so is the intention to get to 100% reliability ?

Well my daughter in law is a greenie but she is technically ignorant.
She is a school teacher, ha ha.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 27 June 2016 8:01:13 PM
Bazz, Greens policy is for 90% renewable energy and phasing out of coal fired power stations by the year 2030. In NSW the Liberal state government has announced that the Wallerawang coal fired power station will not reopen and is to be demolished. The highly polluting brown coal stations in Victoria and SA are closing. The shift away from coal is inevitable. The big polluting AGL company has committed itself to ramping up investment in renewable energy capacity and to shut down all of its existing coal plants by 2050. There are no less than 8 high capacity coal fired power stations around 40 years of age earmarked for closure over the next 10 years. The large 2000 MW capacity Lidell coal fired station may be forced to close early if the Tomago aluminium smelter ceases operations earlier than expected,

With both China and Japan curtailing their demand for Australian coal, the market has seen an over supply, and with a declining price many mines are uneconomic and will be forced to close,
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 27 June 2016 10:16:13 PM
Thanks Paul,
My opinion is we have to leave coal & oil before coal & oil leave us.
Hmmm, to get to 90% is extortionately expensive.
I have seen things lately that suggest that in a well interconnected
system as 100% is approached the cost of achieving that approaches infinity.
I am looking for info that shows that it is following an exponential curve.
It is now looking, to me anyway, that assuming fusion is not available,
that a base load of nuclear stations is inevitable.
Storage helps but not like I thought it might and is expensive.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 27 June 2016 11:55:33 PM
Generations ago when families had children with brain damage they often ended up living in the attic. These siblings were often charming but generally because of their inability to comprehend the consequences of their actions needed to be kept away from the general public.

In political circles these are known as the Greens. They childishly promise to meet every whim of everyone regardless of the consequences.

Bring back the attic.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 28 June 2016 6:16:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 49
  10. 50
  11. 51
  12. All