The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Greens, Trots or Trolls of the Parliament?

The Greens, Trots or Trolls of the Parliament?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. All
For years there has been a very nasty takeover push by the Trotskyists, the 'Watermelons' faction. There is nothing subtle about the disruptive tactics and the boots going in.

Here it is, blowing the lid off the NSW Greens while the electioneering is underway. Typical Trots/'Watermelon' Greens.

News Report,
"The New South Wales Greens party has broken out into civil war in the middle of the election campaign following Carole Medcalf's ousting as the party's executive officer.

The party's long-term treasurer, Chris Harris, has resigned over Ms Medcalf's treatment, and in an email to members he has accused the party of acting like a major bank trying "to shaft their customers".

Ms Medcalf was hired to professionalise the party and act as campaign director.

Senior federal Greens have told 7.30 they are dismayed by Ms Medcalf's departure and the rift in the state organisation.

For years there has been a bitter dispute for control of the NSW party between the hard left, known as the watermelons (green on the outside, red in the middle), and the moderates, who backed Ms Medcalf.
When 7.30 asked Mr Di Natale about the conflict, he said it was a matter for the NSW party and he knew nothing about it."[The ostrich 'denialist' manoeuvre].

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-26/nsw-greens-internal-war-over-party-control/7447340
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 27 June 2016 6:44:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Luciferase,

I might get a bumper sticker saying "Honk if you think that the Greens are dags on the fly-blown backside of the Labor Party."

I used to give out how-to-vote stuff for the Greens, after their stepfathers, the Democrats, folded. In my defence, I thought they were interested in the environment.

Paul, some of us can think, we're not all 'dinosaurs' or 'ratbags' or even 'obnoxious degenerates', but thanks for the laugh. 'Obnoxious degenerates': I'll have to think about that, it sounds like fun.

Speaking of Trots, I wonder if there are people in every religion or ideology who develop a sort of psychotic paranoia, whereby anybody who disagrees with them is Evil Incarnate, for whom no vile punishment is too harsh. A characteristic of this would be whether or not adherents, after, say, an election, redouble their efforts to purge and exclude non-true-believers, and blame outsiders for all of their failings, perhaps calling for jail or the death penalty for unbelievers, or perhaps throwing them off tall buildings.

Islamists, fundamentalist Christians and Trots have historically followed this path after defeat, amongst others. After all, faith or theory work perfectly well in theory even if never in practice.

I'm puzzled, Paul, why you would want - as an example of Greens' faulty policies - to restrict illegal refugees only to leaky boats: why not sea-worthy boats ? Why accept those poor buggers only if they have risked their lives on the high seas ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 27 June 2016 9:59:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In NSW, Ian Cohen was the last Greens MP who was a fair dinkum conservationist, but Lee Rhiannon hated his guts, probably because he was male, straight, a conservationist with guts and a Jew.
That last must have really gotten up her nose.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 27 June 2016 10:53:46 AM
The answer to this question is - any derogatory term describes the Greens. They are truly awful, nasty people.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 27 June 2016 11:59:41 AM
Hi Joe,

So you were one of those "dags on the fly-blown backside of the Labor Party". What happened? did you fall off. Yes, get yourself a buumper sticker, rather long winded, but I'm sure it will fit your rear end with no trouble.. Now how did you get involved with the Greens, did you wander in the wrong door or something. Your story reminds me of that African American who tried to join the Ku Klux Klan.

Beach, you would think if your going to pontificate on a subject like The Greens, you would have some knowledge to rely upon, but in your case you waffle on, but are totally bereft of any such intelligence at all. Amazing, how do you do it?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 27 June 2016 12:06:31 PM
Hi Is Mise,

Yes, it's interesting - and appalling - how often ratbags and extremists resort, sooner or later, to anti-Semitism. I recall a Maoist friend who denied the Holocaust - where was the evidence, he said. I suppose the answer is, nowhere if you're not willing to look for it.

So I'm half-expecting Trumpf to make a slip and have a go at Jews, maybe even slag Lewandowski (well, it does sound like a Jewish name).

Of course, as with Senator Rhiannon, Trumpf might not mean it: from a complete opportunist, that might only be calculated to get some of the Islamist vote.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 27 June 2016 12:06:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 49
  9. 50
  10. 51
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy