The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The end of nature

The end of nature

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Solar power is being taken up in huge numbers by Australians,
Because they have recently improved the system and made it more affordable.

The overpopulated countries like China are driving the coal consumption.

I tend to not believe all the hysteria about climate change.

Yuyutsu
Where was God when times got very dark for the Jews at the time of the holocaust. The Jews were a very religious people who believed strongly in God. Didn't save them though did it. Strike out by yourself into the wilderness for awhile, nature will cut you down and you will be dead very quickly. Without penicillin a simple scratch could become infected and you would die from blood poisoning.
Half the people on earth today wouldn't be here without medical science.
If left at the mercy of the natural world that God is said to have created, humans
Aren't that special.
Posted by CHERFUL, Tuesday, 3 May 2016 10:25:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CHERFUL you may be interested to know that a very large research project by Swiss & German universities has recently published very unpopular results. Unpopular with the research community that is.

They have shown that solar panels, at the very best are an energy sink. None of them can ever produce, in their working life, the same amount of energy required for their production.

We have long known that windmills are a total loss. Without tax payer subsidies they can't survive, & even with them increase the cost of electricity to the consumer to unsustainable levels. There are currently thousands of wind turbines in California that were simply abandoned by their owners the moment their subsidy contract expires. They don't even generate their maintenance costs in the real world.

Spain & Germany who leapt into wind power in a big way, have the most expensive power in Europe. Spain became a cot case of course, & Germany is using a number of sideways stratagems to reduce the growth of wind farms, without actually admitting they were wrong.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 4 May 2016 12:48:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Cherful,

<<Where was God when...>>

How irrelevant!

My advice was for Nathan, regarding what he, Nathan, can do to help himself in the face of certain difficulties.

For the one who takes refuge in God, the world matters no more. Should Nathan accept my advice and take refuge in God, then no matter what happens around him, not even if he be physically treated as the Jews at the time of the holocaust, none of that will touch him, let alone trouble him.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 4 May 2016 2:49:24 AM
Has been, thats been known for decades about solar panels, it's the old 'never let the truth get in the way of a good story' scenario.

In my view the only way forward is nuclear power. We have the raw materials so its inevitable one day. All that is required is to find a safe way to deal with the waste.

Solar and wind power advocates are just dreamers. Imagine how many solar panels WOULD NOT have been installed if not for the subsidies.

The installers are making a killing, and that's the ones who use quality gear, and I know because I have family members installing solar.

$1800 per day profit is not uncommon.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 4 May 2016 7:00:32 AM
rehctub,
I went from supporting nuclear energy to opposing it, and now I think I've gone back to supporting it.
I think its the only way we can lower energy costs on businesses an consumers and make industry and manufacturing in our nation more competitive.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 4 May 2016 7:11:02 AM
SOL, P and Nathan,

True, the climate has always been changing, but GHG emissions have been pushing them higher they would have been.

False, the world is going to end. Greenland, Finland and Alaska are likely to benefit, while more equatorial countries will fare worse.

As for reducing emissions, when the greenie pinheads are prepared to consider the only proven base load with zero emissions i.e. nuclear, then they might get some support from rationalists to reduce emissions without ruining the economy.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 4 May 2016 9:19:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy