The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Onset of Dementia and what does one do about it?

Onset of Dementia and what does one do about it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear POIROT...

I was with the 'prang gang' (major accident squad) many years ago, and one of the most disturbing and enduring repercussions most car accident victims have relayed to me, is this awful crashing sound of the collision. Together with the immediacy of the kinetic shock that is occasioned by the impact.

Poirot if this disturbing recall continues to prevail, even worsens, you might consider seeking medical attention fairly soon. Rather than just leaving it, in the hope it will slowly diminish over time? A chat with a Doctor can often clear one's thinking, thus alleviating the risk of episodes of PTSD in the future?

We were taught to always advise accident victims, notwithstanding they're apparently uninjured, there is generally a nasty 'rebound effect' that accompanies most serious vehicular collisions?

Please, take care Poirot, you're far too important to all of us and The Forum. I'm sure all our sincerest thoughts are with you today, for your dear Mum's funeral.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 22 April 2016 2:45:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

What a sensitive post - thank you.

I'll take your advice on board. Right now I'm trying not to focus repeatedly on the moment of impact - although it sneaks through sometimes.

Yes, I think there is some kind of psychological discrepancy between the severity of the accident and the fact that we were all spared physically.

After the funeral, my brother, who lives in another city, asked me if the driver who hit us stayed and left his details or just fled. I replied that it wasn't just a "bingle" that we had at least four police and an ambulance in attendance and several tow trucks - and about twenty people helping us cope with the trauma.

And there we were at the funeral walking around all in one piece as if nothing happened...which kind of seems surreal and which I think is part of the challenge in the near future.

I'm sorry I've derailed the thread somewhat with my own issues, but can't thank you all enough for your kind words and sentiments.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 23 April 2016 3:55:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Poirot......heartfelt condolences for the loss of your precious mum......
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 23 April 2016 12:26:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear POIROT...

You thought that you may've somehow 'derailed the thread with your own issues'...? I dunno Poirot, it seems to me, one of the main reasons we all like to spend some time reading, consuming, and debating much of the material others place on 'The Forum', it's simply another medium where we all have the opportunity to meet figuratively, and communicate with other like minded people, from a similar demographic.

It's for this reason I think, after being made aware of some awful event that's inflicted another, with whom we're well acquainted, someone who's albeit anonymous, in terms of their precise personal bio-data, but nevertheless are known to us in terms of their values and in some, even the way they think. It is for this reason I believe, when something catastrophic or tragic happens to them, or someone close to them, it surely must have an emotionally influence upon all of us?

No Poirot, you have in no way 'derailed' the thread or the Topic. Conversely, it's my own firm belief that you've in fact, 'value added' to the Topic, both exponentially 'AND' manifestly!

Please take care.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 23 April 2016 1:53:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“A great measure of the real value of the things we have is how we feel when such things become scarce and absent in our lives”
― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

If you can get out into the environment around you and meet people, do it more maybe.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 23 April 2016 2:27:46 PM
I recently saw a sign on one of the walls of my mum's
nursing home. It stated:

"The difference between a good day and a bad day -
is your attitude."
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 23 April 2016 2:55:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy