The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your views on Australia's new $5.00 note?

Your views on Australia's new $5.00 note?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
One would have thought Australia would have some high quality designers with skills and some national standards in terms of class, when it comes to the features of our national currency.

One has said: "The new $5 note looks like a 5 year old was let loose with crayons."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-12/drum-don't-like-the-new-5-note-try-these-designs-on-for-size/7319686

I've made a decision that I WILL NOT spend this vile looking $5.00 dollar note, save it and later give all cash collected to charity at Christmas.
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 13 April 2016 11:01:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh, good for you Nathan.

Alternatively, you could just give them to me. I'll find a good use for them. :)
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 14 April 2016 9:34:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't really object greatly to the new
$5.00 note. I would have preferred a more
artistic version of our wattle - instead of
the current lumps. But that's
a minor criticism. Also, I guess the Queen's
portrait is appropriate (she's on every other
of our monies) until - (if and when) we become a Republic.

At least - an attempt has been made to make the new
note more secure and also tactile for the sight impaired
which is a good thing.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 April 2016 11:05:51 AM
Predictably the The Drum (ABC) used it as another opportunity to bag the government by default. Where the taxpayer-funded ABC is concerned, nothing good will ever happen while the LNP is in government.

Not that the designs of the existing notes of all denominations are any good. So a change is refreshing.

What would the currency look like if the politically correct leftist 'Progressives' had their way?

The very first priority would be a multicultural lesbian who arrived yesterday and has rapidly set a track record courtesy of the ABC (it always gives a podium to Australia haters) of dumping on Australia and its inhabitants.

More importantly, what would be the greatly diminished value of the currency if the CFMEU's boy, Shorten, was in government?

The $5 note would be a coin and the now worthless coins from 20c down would be put out of circulation.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 14 April 2016 12:42:46 PM
Some people need to get a life. If the note is still worth the same as the old one, then it's OK. Nathan, don't sprout such rubbish. You will spend them. Money in any form is just money, not a work of art you like or don't like. You are a sucker when the media want's to make a fuss about absolutely nothing. Most people will not even know that the damn things are different.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 April 2016 2:24:57 PM
I'm not a fan of the new $5 note.

I wasn't a fan of the old $5 note either. I'm not a republican, but our Queen gets recognition on so many other things (including all our coins) whereas there are many underrecognised Australians who could be shown instead.

However the new design is worse IMO because it removes the ability to instantly tell the value of a banknote by its colour.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 14 April 2016 10:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy